iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Linked Events

• European Spintop Contest 2018: March 16, 2018 - March 17, 2018

Author Topic: EYYC 2018  (Read 4860 times)

Attila

• ITSA Jr.
EYYC 2018
« on: February 15, 2018, 03:33:43 PM »

There is only one month left until EYYC and I haven't really seen anyone talk about it. How many of you are going to compete or at least visit the event? It would be nice to get to met even more spinners!

I checked for news on the site of the event and saw that the rules are the same as last year, minimum 5 players and the 3 combo formula.
If we do have enough people could we please find some way to have a decent formula for the division maybe at least a 2 mintues freestyle? In my opinion it's just wrong to have everyone on the stage while someone is performing and it also reduces our possibilities by a great deal. One more idea from me would be to have 2 rounds with 1 minute freestyles with our own choice of music. Though I guess that would be more of a headache to organize and I bet the organizers have enough tasks on their hands.

What are your thoughts on the subject?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:13:09 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: EYYC 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 09:31:01 PM »

Great! Here is the site: http://eyyc18.cya.cz

So, it's in the Czech Republic again, but not in Prague but in Lednice, a picturesque town in the south (not far from the Brno, that source of elite spintop players  ;) )

The spintop rules as listed:
Players are lined up shoulder to shoulder and each got 3 throws to show the best trick or combo. Judges will choose the best attempt of every player and choose a winner from all best attempts.
The idea of having that format is to attract more competitors. It also makes it more entertaining when the level of the players is dissimilar or not very good. But if it's just the Czech brothers, Jan and you, it would make more sense a 2 or 3 minute freestyle, I agree.

PS: I added the event to the calendar (please, when you know of a spintop event, add it to the calendar)

unini

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 01:06:23 PM »

Hey! I am going and very much looking forward to finally meet some other players. But since I am not very good yet, I will not take part in the competition.

See you guys soon!

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 03:36:39 AM »

We wish we could go (me and emma) but it seems compromised for now, I will update you if we can do it...

unini

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 04:40:56 PM »

if any of you guys brings tops for sale, i will bring some € to spend  :)

unini

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 03:00:03 PM »

just less than 2 days to go!!! i hope I will meet lots of top spinners in Lednice :) !

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 11:30:24 AM »

I am still in the work now so I wasn't able to compete this year at EYYC but Daniel and Attila are there and they have done pretty good spintop show. Lets check it out:

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 11:50:16 AM »

Thanks for posting this so fast, Jakub!

If I understood correctly, because there were only two competitors, there was no contest but instead they did a demo.
It was a little difficult to understand some of what the MC said, but thanks for naming ITSA.
Daniel and Olah did great, except for the first run.
Good job guys!

I wish more players would have attended, like miguelanchelo from Spain.

Mermouy

• ITSA
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 12:29:34 PM »

At the same time, 50€ for a contest which has problems to get registered players seems an abberation.
I've been disapointed last year because of this...
I registered myself more to support the event of course, but not everybody can afford it...!!!
I understand that the organisation needs it, but that's f***ing expensive! Especially for young players...
That makes me think one more time that we should find a solution to support spinners registrations.

Lucky we, in France, that we can find some "state support" for that kind of events, as long as there's no "big sale" of spintops, so, no big brands to sponsorize it... :-\
I know that Ludo got some trademark help for the Marines' festival (energia sponsorized one when they just came out on the market), but it has been exeptions and you cannot ask more than few spintops to these brands...

Hrosik

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
  • Daniel Konecny
    • Spintop.cz
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 01:55:08 PM »

We decided to make a little demo instead of a contest because competition for 2 people makes no sense (as ta0 mentioned). I think it ended up pretty well, even though we had only around half an hour to prepare the demo :D

The contest fee was only 20 EUR which sounds very reasonable to me.

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 06:25:24 PM »

At the current conversion rate, 50-euro, that's over $61USD. I can relate to that easier. Personally, I do feel that is too expensive. A few years ago, at CalStates and BAC yoyo contests, the registration fee was quite high(closer to $100) and yet we still had big numbers turn out for competition. For yoyo, considering the numbers, we have to have preliminary rounds, of which, well the top 20 would move forward, and the top 5 seeds, for 25 in the finals. For many, it's $100 for your 1 minute of attempt.

20-Euro comes to about $25USD. That seems an ideal fee. Even for here in the USA for the smaller contests. Plus, the required NYYA fee(once a year only), it's still reasonable.

Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089

Mermouy

• ITSA
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 12:07:57 AM »

The contest fee was only 20 EUR which sounds very reasonable to me.

Sounds nice, 20 € is quite a nice price you're right, it shouldn't be more than this...

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2018, 02:25:03 AM »

hi all

If I see correctly , there is a new trick by Attila  :)
 it's the finger-corkscrew with the S8Love Top at 3'25"

BRAVO !

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Ludo

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2018, 03:02:43 PM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS super  GOOD   attila  bye ludo

unini

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2018, 06:47:25 PM »

i had a very good time, learned a lot and felt very welcome to this tiny subculture of top spinners, thanks guys!

Cheers,
Christoph
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up