iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Are you coming to Miamisburg (Whirl Festival and Nats 2018)?

YES
- 17 (65.4%)
NO
- 9 (34.6%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Miamisburg 2018 Stage for competition  (Read 49406 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Miamisburg 2018 Stage for competition
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2018, 01:45:48 AM »

Poor Mark!  Construction is slowing him down but that gives me a moment to reflect on a hectic but very special evening.  By the way, I never could have dreamed we would ever have a Friday night like that.  After Jose, Tom and Rebecca came by, I remember meeting softspin.  Jim Neff came strolling in the buildings and then there were the Olivers, Dale and Val.  Renee came and seemed to be smiling all night.  I saw Joe Mauk coming up the sidewalk and was able to give him a warm Miamisburg welcome (what a memory as he asked where is the stump).  Kirk and Rachel made it from Georgia.  The Hickersons are here from Alabama.  John Buechele drove all the way from Oakwood.  What is that?  Nine miles?  I met Dick and Beverly outside with a group spinning Autograph.  I am 18 and now Mark has arrived to bring us to 19.  I hope I did not miss anyone.

After we went to Ron's to get pizza there is the slight chance I remembered someone else.  It happened when he was talking about a couple of pieces of pizza.  Everyone smirked about it and even Ta0 says it is a good joke.  So I have come up with 20 names so far.  Who else did I miss?  I will dream about it and share more top adventures tomorrow.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2018, 06:20:36 AM »

I think you missed counting Jorge, butterfingers, and myself....

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2018, 07:30:10 AM »

I think you missed counting Jorge, butterfingers, and myself....
He counted me at the end but he missed Owen even though we had more than two pietces of pitzza together last night and his RV is parked outside the church.
If think we should also count Dawn, even though she inspected the huge display of tops without saying a thing. ;D
We will be able to take a wonderful group photo of top spinners today, after John Markus and perhaps others join the fun.:)

I already took photos with Figaro of these new inductees to the Figaro Gallery of Top Players:

Joe Mauk
Softspin
Butterfingers
Maiman
Renee

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 07:42:19 AM by ta0 »

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2018, 07:49:08 AM »

Just had breakfast with mailman and butter fingers . This is turning out to be better than I could Have dreamed meeting all the tops players and throwing tops last night was awesome now I am heading up right away this morning to do the same thing what a great bunch of people.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2018, 07:58:07 AM »

Ha ha!!!  Thanks.  I knew I would miss some but I wanted to try so others could get a feel for who is here.  I mentioned mailman and butterfingers in one of my previous posts and helped them unload their car but still managed to leave them off the list.  Owen was one of the last guys I saw last night and still found a way to miss him.  Sorry guys. I can always blame it on getting older!!!

On the weather front, my phone says the percentage has gone down to 30 percent at one and two.  The bad news is it now also says 30 percent chance at 5 and 6, when we are to head to the park.  Well, we will soon see.

Many thanks to all who have taken time out to gather this weekend.  It is really special to have everyone together.  Sorry again for missing Owen and butterfingers and mailman (and my wife-even though she is a forum member!!!).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 08:02:20 AM by the Earl of Whirl »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2018, 10:26:52 AM »

How many players do you see?

dazzlingdave

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
    • dazzlingdave.com
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2018, 12:19:17 PM »

So wish I could be there!😢

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2018, 12:21:02 PM »

13 ?

dale and Val for sure

have a Grant Day !!

I'll try and call MiKE at 3PM sharp ;D

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2018, 08:12:42 PM »

Thanks for the kind phone call Jim.  You did call me but it was more like one around our place.  It was so neat to hear from the president!!!

We are now at Bullwinkle's and winding down after a big day.  We survived one of the largest top collections in the world.  We survived one of the biggest national championships ever (10 players!!!).  We survived lots of thunder and lightning in the park.  The stories go on and on.  I look forward to hearing more of them.  I missed so much running around.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2018, 01:03:56 AM »

It's 1AM and I just got back to the hotel after top battling at the church.

US Nats results:

1 - Jose Madrigal
2 - Elli Hickerson
3 - Tom Kunkel

Much more stories tomorrow about a very special festival and contest.

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2018, 06:41:32 AM »

What a great weekend!  Great people, great fun!  It was so nice to meet new forum members, and put faces and voices with the posts I read on the forum.

I'm already looking forward to next year!

Many thanks to Pastor Mike for all the hard work he puts in behind the scenes making sure the festival goes off without a hitch. Thanks to Steve (Softspin) for the help replacing bearings in my ailing Hornet.  And thanks, too, to all the other top spinners in attendance for the encouragement and pointers, so willingly offered.

Time to start practicing for Miamisburg 2019....

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2018, 07:31:33 AM »

I had such a good time the past couple days. Being around a big group of top spinners was definitely energising.
I give Mike much thanks for organizing the event . I was like a kid in a candy store amongst all the wonderful toys he had out . He also came to my rescue Saturday with an emergency sandwich run. Thank you Mike.
I am off today to church then to see John Ms place in Cincinnati.  It will make a great close to the weekend.
Bill's doughnuts will definitely be on the stop list for today. ;D

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2018, 08:38:35 AM »

bravo to all participants in the contest !

special salute to Jose , the new national champ

looking forward to your reports and photos at UC

jim

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2018, 09:14:59 AM »

What a competition jose great repeat Eli wonderful, Tom, austin were really good I am still in awe of the entire event. Breakfast with David and don ( butterfingers and mailman) and things were still going well towards midnight. To all I met thanks

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2018, 09:32:48 AM »

The winners:

Others will have photos of the complete group.

How many body parts does Jim carry in his luggage?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up