iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Are you coming to Miamisburg (Whirl Festival and Nats 2018)?

YES
- 17 (65.4%)
NO
- 9 (34.6%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Miamisburg 2018 Stage for competition  (Read 49493 times)

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Miamisburg 2018 Stage for competition
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2018, 09:38:53 PM »

Mike, you say there is a chance of rain, I hope it is not like the last time I was there. :) Dick
Practice hard and play safe.

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2018, 09:47:19 PM »

Is there going to be a live stream of the competition?  Something basic like an Instagram live stream with a phone would be better than nothing for those of us not able to go.

I have instagram, but I've never attempted anything like a livestream before.  Do you have any tips about how to do that?  I'd be willing to give it a try.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2018, 10:08:47 PM »

Sorry Jeremy.  It will be special when you can join us.  Jorge, I love that stat about the biggest forum face to face ever.  Jay, thanks for your help and your links.  Dick, I remember that night well.  The top battles were electric and the sky was electric also with all the lightning.  The rain was coming down and starting to gather around the sound system.  I was worried about getting electrocuted but that would have made for a heck of a story and our top event might have become the Mike Hout memorial tournament.

My wife says she can get a good deal on a giant sub for everyone so we can be together longer and not leave our equipment.  We could also get a case of water and some drinks.  How does that sound for everyone?  And if anyone wants to do otherwise, we have Subway close and the Hamburger Wagon (since 1913).
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Jospin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2018, 10:13:19 PM »

Is there going to be a live stream of the competition?  Something basic like an Instagram live stream with a phone would be better than nothing for those of us not able to go.

I have instagram, but I've never attempted anything like a livestream before.  Do you have any tips about how to do that?  I'd be willing to give it a try.
Never done it before either, but it looks like you swipe right, select “live” and go to town.  After you finish your video it’s available for 24 hours, I don’t think you can archive it.  If you plan on doing it let us know your Instagram handle so we can watch.  Ben McPhee was taking all sorts of videos at the world yoyo contest.  It was fun to see people practicing, or competing, or hanging out.

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2018, 10:17:45 PM »

Get that 24 patch up jospin nice work!!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 06:42:02 AM by Softspin »

JMauk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2018, 06:36:01 AM »

If you’ve got something going at the church tonight, I’ll try to come over after dinner.

Jospin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2018, 09:15:03 AM »

Get that 24 patch up jospin nice work!!

Ha Ha, hopefully soon, I just sent in my application for the 24 trick and Freestyle patches and I'm planning on adding them once I get the physical patches.

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2018, 12:54:04 PM »

Just had lunch at City BBQ and hit up Bill's doughnuts. Lots of good food and a beautiful area. Very diffrent from the desert.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2018, 01:12:53 PM »

My connection out of Philly is 40 minutes late. I'm guessing I'm getting to the church around 5:30.

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2018, 03:57:42 PM »

Just arrived at the church!

Jay

• ITSA Jr.
    • Miamisburg Whirled Festival of Tops
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2018, 06:36:56 PM »

My wife says she can get a good deal on a giant sub for everyone so we can be together longer and not leave our equipment.  We could also get a case of water and some drinks.  How does that sound for everyone?  And if anyone wants to do otherwise, we have Subway close and the Hamburger Wagon (since 1913).

I am also bringing a big cooler of water.  It is already packed up.   8)

Jay

• ITSA Jr.
    • Miamisburg Whirled Festival of Tops
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2018, 06:42:21 PM »

I know my son goes live on YouTube and it can be saved forever.  Not sure if that helps anyone.  Unfortunately, he will not be there.  I will mainly be taking pics, with some occasional vids.  It is hard to do both at the same time, but will do my best to document for those that are there and cannot attend  :)

Jon Gates

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2018, 09:14:48 PM »

I guess that I need to look at this site more than once a year. Have fun everyone. Maybe I will go next year.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2018, 09:38:36 PM »

We would love to see you in Miamisburg, Jon Gates.  I am taking a pause in the action while bad tops are getting whipped for their poor behavior.

It has been quite a hectic day.  I was working on the staging area and the sign when I happened to see our California crew in the parking lot!!!  How great to hear their kind reviews of our area.  They helped me get the sign up and then we began the long process of hauling Don's tops from my office to the fellowship hall.  People kept coming in and I lost track of who came when.  Mailman and Butterfingers arrived with another shipment of Don's tops and the hall was overflowing.  So many neat things to see and try.  So many good memories. 

Somebody asked me when it gets dark around these parts and in a short time I found out why.  Such beautiful 3D glowing tops and kongzhus.  Now we are talking about dinner as tummies are rumbling.  Mark Hayward is coming at 11:00. 

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2018, 12:16:35 AM »

Wow! What a spintop crowd tonight!  :o  8) I'm afraid to start naming them because I'll miss somebody.
The display of Don's tops, incredible!

The sign outside the church at night:

Several whip tops whipped:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up