iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Are you coming to Miamisburg (Whirl Festival and Nats 2018)?

YES
- 17 (65.4%)
NO
- 9 (34.6%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Miamisburg 2018 Stage for competition  (Read 49404 times)

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Miamisburg 2018 Stage for competition
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2018, 02:08:20 PM »

Crazy busy at work. Then injured my hand last Saturday.  Xrays show it not broken, but it is too swollen to throw all but the smallest tops.  Then I got the flu. It looks like I will be competing with about 2 days of practice.  If anyone looking for better than last place, it seems I will be an easy target. Shootist?

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2018, 02:10:33 PM »

By the way I have been assuming a 3 minute freestyle with rules like the worlds.  Is this true?
Also for sport division will we be using Neff's rules?

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2018, 03:43:07 PM »

So sorry to hear about SpinLynn.  Rats!!!  We need all the throwers we can get and females are even more rare.  Looking forward to seeing you again...sometime soon.

Also sorry to hear about Kirk's struggles.  Hope you are doing better and have a good week before the Burg fest. 

One week to go and the weather is nice and warm today.  Lots of sweat as I work out in the yard.  It looks to be a few degrees cooler next Saturday with no chance of rain (right now) but lots of rain headed this way on Sunday.  I am headed over to the church to set up some more decorations for the big day.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2018, 09:28:29 PM »

I will be around all day (starting at 6:00 am. to be reasonable) on Friday and Sunday to greet visitors to the University of Cincinnati for a review of top related things here.  As always, people are traveling various distances and have various arrival times (and delays) and departure times so there never is any real schedule for the "tour" especially on Friday.  Thus you should invite yourself and if possible give us a clue of your anticipated arrival time.  The gathering has sort of a free wheeling approach based on interests and if you miss something, it can be easily revisited.  I babble a lot and your questions and interests can help give the time spent here some real direction and purpose.

For the new visitors, here are a few forum threads discussing some of the stuff that can be reviewed during a visit to UC
Got Milk--the orginal HDPE top
http://www.ta0.com/forum/index.php/topic,739.msg6485.html#msg6485
HDPE Hybrid--a cast aluminum body with HDPE cap
http://www.ta0.com/forum/index.php/topic,2681.msg27406.html#msg27406
HDPE Grande--a larger HDPE top
http://www.ta0.com/forum/index.php/topic,2966.msg30817.html#msg30817
Don's rotational molder
http://www.ta0.com/forum/index.php/topic,3468.0.html

For mapping purposes the street address for the physics department at the University of Cincinnati is
345 Clifton Court
Cincinnati  OH 45221

Student move-in is this week so metered street parking may be sparse (particularly on Friday) but typically cash parking ($10 ouch) in the garage at the end of Clifton Court is available.

PS.  Note that UC 's email filters seem to quarantine messages originating from the forum, so for visit planing if you want to contact me please email from outside the forum to John.Markus[{at}]uc.edu making the appropriate substitution with @.

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2018, 09:39:05 PM »

Thanks, John!  Butterfingers and I will be traveling together again this year, and plan to visit with you on Friday afternoon, as usual.

We have your contact info, and will keep you posted on Friday as our ETA becomes clearer....

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2018, 02:22:49 PM »

Thanks a lot , planning on going Sunday getting in on Friday let’s throw some tops on Friday later

valerieyo

• ITSA
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2018, 05:07:56 PM »

Dale and I fly in and out of Cincinnati.
Arrive Friday 11:15 am
Depart Sunday 8:00 pm
SO...we could come either day.  I was thinking of Sunday.
Now that you mention student move in and classes, that would be another reason for Sunday.
BUT...we can change plans if there's reason to.  valerieyo7@gmail.com would be a good contact.
Val

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2018, 07:32:08 PM »

Sunday is looking like the better day for us as well.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2018, 03:20:01 AM »

salut les amis !

i wish you the best for the gathering in Miamisburg  :)

I see that once again johnM will teleport some of you in the eerie world of UC physics lab
don't miss "Don's rotational molder": it's been one of the best collective project so far , ........
and needs a re-run >:D

bye now

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

tkunkel

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2018, 11:02:53 PM »

Rebecca and I are planning on tagging along with jmadrigal and the rest of the group for the JohnM tour on Sunday.

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2018, 08:54:01 AM »

Plans have been confirmed regarding a 2nd van full of treasures from Don Olney's shop in Rochester. We will be putting everything into the van on Thursday night and driving out on Friday. Mr. Olney has promised a full load - and this is in addition to the van full of top related items already in Miamisburg from Pastor Mike's recent trip to the shop. This promises to be a pretty impressive display of tops and top related items.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2018, 11:30:55 AM »

Plans have been confirmed regarding a 2nd van full of treasures from Don Olney's shop in Rochester. We will be putting everything into the van on Thursday night and driving out on Friday. Mr. Olney has promised a full load - and this is in addition to the van full of top related items already in Miamisburg from Pastor Mike's recent trip to the shop. This promises to be a pretty impressive display of tops and top related items.
Can we pay with Paypal directly to Don or is cash required?

I'm staying at the Red Roof Inn, arriving Friday at 3PM to Dayton. Leaving Monday 5:30PM.

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2018, 12:09:32 PM »

Can we pay with Paypal directly to Don or is cash required?

I'm staying at the Red Roof Inn, arriving Friday at 3PM to Dayton. Leaving Monday 5:30PM.

I'm not certain regarding the purchase of items from the collection. That's Mike's domain. I'm better suited to the heavy lifting end of things.

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2018, 02:37:15 PM »

For those who are interested, I will be bringing some of my tops and shirts for sale.

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2018, 02:46:18 PM »

Thanks XL blue with lighting bolts if possible. And 10 min. Lesson ;D