iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Progress log from paxl and randoms questions  (Read 95714 times)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
Re: Progress log from paxl and randoms questions
« Reply #285 on: August 09, 2019, 10:54:52 AM »

Nice... I just mastered regenerative hammers :)

There fun to shift between Wheels of Fortunes and Hammers :) I'll possibly to do a new video next week :) Jospin's 3 incher is so good!!
Spinning is life!!!!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #286 on: August 11, 2019, 02:09:33 PM »

Whouhou here we go!!! Sadly I should have cut the footage better!!!.

As to not overload the forum, I'll try to make a longer digest style video once a month. Have already some nice footage!!

Jospin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #287 on: August 12, 2019, 10:46:37 AM »

Awesome!

butterfingers

• ITSA Jr.
  • "Non-marketable skills are my specialty"
« Reply #288 on: August 12, 2019, 01:17:49 PM »

Very Nice!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #289 on: August 12, 2019, 02:00:06 PM »

thanks guys!!! It means a lot! :)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #290 on: August 24, 2019, 09:41:41 AM »

Some chonkake love!!!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #291 on: September 03, 2019, 08:41:32 AM »

Hey y'alls,

It's been a long time since I've done a bit of a progress log text style :)

Tricks wise, I got better... a LOT better at wheels of fortunes... they don't feel hard anymore... I also am able with certain top to interwind from WoF to Hammer to WoF and so forth... This is using the mighty QSH.
One thing I did this weekend was convert my green "unusused" guilia from bearing to fixed tip... Man this top is a walker :) I have to play more with it. The Guilia is a nice fixed tip but it's not as easy as the QSH to regen to me. I tried ( and am ) using smaller string for it. Something like 4 ply of 2 thread of cotton 20. It seem to work better. It will yeild a longer string but I do'nt remember the last time I played with a 60 inch string.. I keep one just to throw once in a while for the fun of it. Other tricks I was able to perform was to get the top ( Jospin's one ) to spin on my finger, not my nail, the actual finger :) That felt surreal. I also was able to pull off a behind the head wirewalker!!!

I've been working a lot on my komas lately too. Chonkake wise. I've gotten a pair of gloves, man this makes grinding so much possible... Somethign I've figured out this weekend was left hand grind to trapeze... You let the top precess on your hand... looks pretty cool ! I l also understood how to do vertical kind of grind, throw back up and then catch back on the string... Koma wize, I was able to regen a koma for the first time last week. This was a ver5 of spingear with the metal side.. it's pretty pretty hard but possible... I am using what Taka call the pro string. I also was able to pull off my frist 2 way wirewalker with the koma too!!

So much fun... One of the next thing I want to concentrate on is behind the back trazpeze to lasso... That and around the 'arm' kind of combo... they looks cool... ( possibly lemmings too but after :P ) Chonkake is very relaxing to me theses days, I just play for 30 min while my wife does other stuff at night. I don't really concentrate on learning anything. To anyone that get able to do the basic regen.. I recommend Chonkake, it's fun!

Anyway!
Keep spinnin' y'alls!
paxl

kevinm

« Reply #292 on: September 03, 2019, 07:26:28 PM »

Thanks for the update and the inspiration. I have been working on learning Koma and Chonkake lately, it’s hard, but really fun. I picked up my ShortCircuit today and tried a regen and about put it through the ceiling after playing with those heavy tops so much.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #293 on: September 04, 2019, 06:02:14 AM »

Thanks for the update and the inspiration. I have been working on learning Koma and Chonkake lately, it’s hard, but really fun. I picked up my ShortCircuit today and tried a regen and about put it through the ceiling after playing with those heavy tops so much.

Hehe, I can relate, I seem to be able to shift from one to the other now but I've been playing with heavy top for a while now!!!

Keep spinning

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #294 on: September 09, 2019, 05:05:24 AM »

Another weekend, another set of tricks I landed!!!

I am working a lot on behind the back trapeze... trying to get any kind of constancy... I'll be able to land it once every 2 throws... and when it comes from swapping from front of the body to back of the body... well I land one in 5-10... I was able to pull a 8 wrap corkscrew using a STB this weekend.. I need to make a longer string... feeling is good :) I also pulled of ONE time a upside down throw into upside down orbit to upsidedown crazy 8 with my QSH :) ... That felt unreal... Snapstart side, I was able to snap into trapeze instead of rollercoster but I do not survive the first regeneration ( my brain is hardwared that I need to do a sewing machine and then well it doens't work :) Didn't play much of chonkake this weekend :)

Cheers y'alls
pax

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #295 on: September 09, 2019, 09:48:28 PM »

I try to not post too much but I can't pass on this one... Tonight, I was able to pull a couple of times, UD orbits!!!! They feel sureal... and I did it with a hornet of all things!

Cheers y'alls!

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #296 on: September 10, 2019, 12:17:30 AM »

I think I must be missing something - if I was your neighbor I would shoot you with the water hose. All the best top throwers in U.S start regenerations and they don’t want to stop. When I met Jose, he was regenerating my 8.0 inch top I was trying to ask him a question about the line and top but this guy just would not stop regenerations - so I just grabbed the top. I guess it’s true you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.8

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #297 on: September 10, 2019, 05:05:56 AM »

I think I must be missing something - if I was your neighbor I would shoot you with the water hose. All the best top throwers in U.S start regenerations and they don’t want to stop. When I met Jose, he was regenerating my 8.0 inch top I was trying to ask him a question about the line and top but this guy just would not stop regenerations - so I just grabbed the top. I guess it’s true you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.8

DUDE, we learned regens to NEVER stop :) I know you hate regens man... but they are amazing =) I always have a top in hand and there isn't any flooring in my house that isn't marred :) and right now my right hand is super tired / pain bc I played too much top & yoyo in the past 24h ;)

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #298 on: September 10, 2019, 02:21:37 PM »

No I don’t hate regenerations I just like 3 of any one kind - regenerations should be mixed up with other tricks. One person said he makes tops for regenerations mainly. I make !tops to do as much as possible. Long lines and speed - l’m 74 I’m not going to spend my time pumping some dead top. I want to slam a top then - sky rocket - an eight then smack the top again. Like Insult to injury. Then insult my victim. = FUN. P.S my son calls me FLAPUS

Mark Leithead

• ITSA
« Reply #299 on: September 10, 2019, 03:24:01 PM »

Nice one paxl! I gotta try those regen hammers now  ???