iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Progress log from paxl and randoms questions  (Read 95628 times)

Jospin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
Re: Progress log from paxl and randoms questions
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2019, 04:41:00 PM »

I haven't tried any OWB play with my Giulia.  I'll have to give it a go sometime.  I think I also need to get a love, they look so fun!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2019, 09:12:23 PM »

I haven't tried any OWB play with my Giulia.  I'll have to give it a go sometime.  I think I also need to get a love, they look so fun!

IMO you do need a love... it's a terrific top... spins for 2 min on my hand with clean new bearings!!! ( my giulia is at 2 min 15 sec top!! ) Speaking of her :

This is possibly the video I'm most proud of so far :) That lil's giulia is hard to snapstart :) I can tell you, I didn't shot this one in one take :P Hope you enjoy the video!
Cheers y'alls
paxl
Spinning is life!!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2019, 10:18:05 PM »

Very nice 2 minutes and a half plus freestyle!

I haven't seen a OWB freestyle posted in ages. Your seems to be working well.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 10:37:03 PM by ta0 »

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2019, 10:33:04 PM »

Very nice 2 minutes and a half plus freestyle!

I having seen a OWB freestyle posted in ages. Your seems to be working well.

Thanks ta0!!! I'll aim for 5 min for the next OWB combo!!!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2019, 02:39:14 PM »

Some combos with my amazing "Lil' sheep" :) Thanks to Jospin!!!

On a side note. I can regen on a OWB with full orbits now !!!!! I am so happy about that!!! I can't say the same on fixed tip but it will get there. I have to watch some vid and learn how to do right orbit for max regen as far as I've read.

Half orbits, any pointer on which one to start with and any pointer on the trick as itself or it's like the rest. Just bang your head on it until you get it ? :P

Jospin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2019, 10:03:46 AM »

Glad you like it so much!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #216 on: February 11, 2019, 10:59:06 PM »

Played so much top lately that I have string burn on both my indexes!  8)

These half orbit are becoming less hard!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #217 on: February 12, 2019, 10:29:08 AM »

To anyone that need to continue top spinning with a painful palm & indexes, physio tape works wonder!

Cheers,
paxl

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #218 on: February 12, 2019, 01:32:12 PM »

I've been on a hunch to play with new top lately. Jospin's one is amazing but I wanted more so I got to my boxes and go out a couple of tops.

- Shortcircuit: I honlestly didn't play with this top since I got my black hornet 'bout a year ago. This top is a fantastic wirewalker... I can do the WHOLE string without missing spin and then go into regeneration cycles... quite fun to throw around.

- Gold hornet: my tip had a bad drop and it was broken / cutting my palm when i was using it. So I banged out the tip, then got the drill out and files and works my way at making it smooth and while putting it back together I decided to throw it without the cap .. and WOW.. this isn't hte same top.. it plays so much different. Precess slower, also did a lot of snapstart with it.. super satisfying... I'd love a smaller string than I have right now for it but i will proably keep it capless and just enjoy it that way.

- Grande : This top was one of my first serious big tops... but this thing is to light... it's hard to regen and it's very hard if you are a touch sloppy the top just fling out of the string never to be seen again :P

- Jose's free top: This top is interesting, it sits between the QSH & Guilia... Kind of plays like a heavy Guilia... I remember having a hard time to regen it... nowaday seem less true... I can get it to wirewalker speeds with a couple of Jocker chocker... fun top... Also needed its tip to be reshaped / sanded. I was wondering tho if using a triangle file at it's neck would improve regenerability. I'm not enough sure to risk it. ( I don't have more than one aluminium tip so.. )

Anyway. A lot of fun!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #219 on: February 12, 2019, 02:47:08 PM »

WOW... just wow... I was having a bad day today but this lighten me up.
I just tried this out :

And upon a couple of tries, it just worked!!

@ta0 and others, do they look okay.. they do feel okay... i was able off camera to hit 2 semi consecutive ones... the fact the the top isn't precessing while doing the 'suns' motion do tell me I might be regenerating... will need to work a LOT more on them but... do they looks right ?

Thanks y'alls and Keep spinnin!!!

ps: I hit my first one at 0:32s ( I should have edited that down! )

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #220 on: February 12, 2019, 03:15:28 PM »

@ta0 and others, do they look okay.. they do feel okay...
No, they don't look ok. You need to start using that left arm. Watch again my tutorial.

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #221 on: February 12, 2019, 10:18:11 PM »

Smoething that may be forgotton but REALLY important, don't try entering them with too much spin... S o definetly not right after a boomerang... Try to spin down a bit before (with a bunch of crazy 8 for example)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #222 on: February 13, 2019, 05:07:15 AM »

Smoething that may be forgotton but REALLY important, don't try entering them with too much spin... S o definetly not right after a boomerang... Try to spin down a bit before (with a bunch of crazy 8 for example)

Yep that why I was trying to doing slow slow slowww pass in the beggining of the video. Later off camera I started to do finger grinds, they works well for that.

@ta0 and others, do they look okay.. they do feel okay...
No, they don't look ok. You need to start using that left arm. Watch again my tutorial.

Yep just looked at your tutorial. I indeed am missing a lot :) Is there a name to this tricks ? Are these suns while continuous suns are wheels of fortunes ? I'll start trying stuff later on today!

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #223 on: February 13, 2019, 05:22:03 PM »

Okay so I watched the tutorial a dozen of time and there is something I'm not figuring out. I have trouble with involving the left hand properly and I have the feeling that that involement is the reason to get them continously. What tends to happen is that I'll be able to hit 2 consecutivly BUT the problem is that I end up with the top not having precessed enough so that I have 2 turn in my string. My guts feeling is that I don't start pulling at the right time to make the top precess a lot and / or the top is not slow enough so that it precesses not enough when it comes to the bottom of the arc.

Also, is that okay to start the movement from a sewing machine. I see the crown at the top of the arc...

My guts feeling tells me I need to look more at the video :) If you have any tips, please shoot them here :)

Thanks y'alls
paxl

Edit, read a lot on the forum, starting from a sewing machine catch should be fine, meaning that most of my problem comes from my hand coordination I think!

My question still stands tho, why do I end up with 2 wrap around the tip? Again not enough précession due to not pulling at the right time when the right time?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 09:30:13 PM by paxl13 »

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #224 on: February 13, 2019, 10:44:37 PM »

First, Take some time to really easily play with suns not just one here and there, but also continuously (! not in the whell of fortune style but with a small "pause" when the top is down, then sun again...)
Altrough the video is pretty fast, Chris Neff videos about suns help at least to understand the moments. Once suns are masterized then have a second look at the wheel of fortune tutorial again.
Watching your video again, not sure but I can see you successfully catch with a lasso/rollercoaster right after your sun, so now try to figure out how you can get your top in the same direction but above your head... Maybe? Anyway, this trick has been a real challenge for me (and a lot of others), it's without any doubt a big step to cross...
In a more general way, as a juggler I would say: If some trick give you hard time try something else for a while then come back to that one later... (Mainly to avoid frustration or anger, but also to let your brain to make his own digestion/interpretation)
Just ideas to help you not getting stuck... Hope it halps