iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Report from Iceland 2017  (Read 20939 times)

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
Re: Report from Iceland 2017
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2017, 01:00:53 PM »

Congrats to you all!
So happy for our Czech friends, you really deserved it!
Happy to see Jose demonstrating that 3d printed tops rocks!
Hope I will be able to get on that stage some day...

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2017, 12:03:32 AM »

It is late and it feels like we have been up forever but we are home.  It feels good to be here after such a long adventure.  It is great to read other posts and to see others made it back ok.  Thanks for your kind words, Atilla.  I have had so many lucky breaks on freestyles lately that I was due for some less than fortunate things to happen.  Even if everything went perfect (which it would not have) I still would not have been able to keep up with jmadrigal's great freestyle.  Of course, the Czech brothers are other worldly, just like the Icelandic countryside.  I am in such awe of their freestyles!!!

I look forward to reading other people's comments.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2017, 12:11:19 AM »

havent been online recently but ive been ghosting @-@
watched the performances 4 times over @-@

congrats jakub!!!
daniel that was a sick performance
jose you never cease to amaze me, that was amazing
mike your monobolos where a real surprise, youre pretty nifty with those things eh
jon.....youre a legend what else can i say, you gave a legends performance
Cuper su rendimiento fue increíble. Algún día espero ser tan hábil como tu señor

congratulations to all of you!!! it was an epic thing to watch eh!!!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2017, 12:18:50 AM »

Jack....you are quick.  Speaking of surprises, I am going to the post office tomorrow!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2017, 06:45:26 AM »

Yeah, you beat us at Gullfoss, Geyser, and Pingvellir. But we got "lost" several times and we stopped at places like Atronpoyotiroskull and Ispimitopfoss. I regret not having my top at the P-Museum (I should have asked Jon who I met there) and at the top of the tower of the Hallgrímskirkja church (didn't see Mike at either one). By the way, the view of Reykjavik from there was fantastic.

pix upload

I am not home yet. I am staying at Jeremy's home and flying back to Texas tonight. Then, Saturday, driving to Nebraska to try to see the eclipse.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2017, 12:05:28 AM »

Jack....you are quick.  Speaking of surprises, I am going to the post office tomorrow!!!

you have intrigued me dear sir  :o
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:33:55 PM by Jack »

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2017, 09:57:16 AM »

I arrived from Iceland yesterday evening. It was really awesome trip including renting a car, hitchhiking, camping in a tent, treking and TOP SPINNING. I've met many old friends and many new players who I had seen just in the videos.

We tried many different tops made by Jon, Jose and others. We also played classic games with target. I've learned a new stuff like spinning a small whip top from ta0 or "left hand regens" from Jon and I also tried to teach some tricks  :)

Competition was good. Daniel was probably pretty close to win. Before awards I was giving him better chance of winning. Jose also did very well. Jon is a legend.  It's good we have new players like Futoshi. Marco lost lots of points by winding up the top  :( but he is a very good player. Mike's fresstyle was a big fun. It's a pitty he tangled a string.

I tried to post some photos soon  ;)

Big thanks goes to ITSA for support of our trip and get spinning medals. Thanks ta0 for bringing the raffle price. Thanks Jose for a top which is awesome and I'm going to make video soon  ;) Thanks Marco for t-shirt and other stuff. Thanks to others for being there and having fun playing tops!

Thanks Jim for making very nice corkscrew trophy. It's a pitty you couldn't be there. Now I'm looking for the bottle of wine and I'll make an opening video  ;)

And thanks for all congratulations!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2017, 11:24:58 AM »

Jakub: it sounds like an unforgettable trip! It's great that you could share the experience with Lada and your family.

Top Men with Medals:

:)

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2017, 01:22:33 PM »

Jakub: it sounds like an unforgettable trip! It's great that you could share the experience with Lada and your family.

Top Men with Medals:

:)

wait ta0 did you compete!??!? wheres the video!??!?! its not on that live feed thing  :'(
omg i thought id seen all the performances, who else did i miss!?!?!??
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 06:14:41 PM by ta0 »

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2017, 01:28:11 PM »

Don't worry Jack, ta0 didn't compete. He was a judge  ;)

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2017, 01:38:14 PM »

Nice tip catch and tricks.

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2017, 01:49:57 PM »

I arrived from Iceland yesterday evening. It was really awesome trip including renting a car, hitchhiking, camping in a tent, treking and TOP SPINNING. I've met many old friends and many new players who I had seen just in the videos.

We tried many different tops made by Jon, Jose and others. We also played classic games with target. I've learned a new stuff like spinning a small whip top from ta0 or "left hand regens" from Jon and I also tried to teach some tricks  :)

Competition was good. Daniel was probably pretty close to win. Before awards I was giving him better chance of winning. Jose also did very well. Jon is a legend.  It's good we have new players like Futoshi. Marco lost lots of points by winding up the top  :( but he is a very good player. Mike's fresstyle was a big fun. It's a pitty he tangled a string.

I tried to post some photos soon  ;)

Big thanks goes to ITSA for support of our trip and get spinning medals. Thanks ta0 for bringing the raffle price. Thanks Jose for a top which is awesome and I'm going to make video soon  ;) Thanks Marco for t-shirt and other stuff. Thanks to others for being there and having fun playing tops!

Thanks Jim for making very nice corkscrew trophy. It's a pitty you couldn't be there. Now I'm looking for the bottle of wine and I'll make an opening video  ;)

And thanks for all congratulations!
Thanks for the help on tricks. I am practicing the inside left sun and will be also working the whip. I am starting to get the hang of upside down blizzard thanks to Daniel as well. Ta0 helped me with half orbits. It was a great time.

Diz

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2017, 11:24:11 PM »

One of the tricks you guys were doing looked like a trapeze catch followed by the top doing a loop around an arm (or leg) the upper half of the loop the top flies off-string. I hope I described that correctly. What is the name of that trick? It looked really cool!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2017, 10:14:31 AM »

One of the tricks you guys were doing looked like a trapeze catch followed by the top doing a loop around an arm (or leg) the upper half of the loop the top flies off-string. I hope I described that correctly. What is the name of that trick? It looked really cool!
I don't think they have special names (around the leg, etc.), except I might have asked Jakub to name the one around both arms, but I don't recall if he did. Jakub was the first one to do the around-the-arm and around-both-arms tricks.

I was surprised at the good aim everybody had during the Saturday battle:

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2017, 04:34:36 PM »

« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 01:17:49 PM by ta0 »
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up