iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Tutorial  (Read 10199 times)

Shootist

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
Re: Wheel of Fortune Tutorial
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2017, 11:47:13 AM »

I'm still working on this trick, having trouble "At the top of the Arc my tip is pointing skyward and I'm getting string twist".

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2017, 12:39:56 PM »

I am familiar with string twist!!!  Stupid knot in Iceland.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2017, 03:41:51 PM »

I'm still working on this trick, having trouble "At the top of the Arc my tip is pointing skyward and I'm getting string twist".
For what I know and what it worth, I see it as a balance between right and left hands, and this make me thilnk you give too much power on your right hand and/or not retaining enough with your left hand...

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2017, 07:09:34 PM »

try holding the string like you do for barrel rolls  ;) its a half string length contunious sun and alot easier to manage than full string length continuous suns

Diz

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2017, 12:55:26 AM »

Congratulations Mermouy! And thanks to everyone who contributed to this topic I just put a check mark next to "Continuous Suns" on my trick list too! This one is really fun!

Congratulations Diz!
When are we going to see you at a contest?  ;)

If I attended a contest I would be one of the very best audience members applauding for you guys :D
I really only throw tops for my own enjoyment and am not much of a performer type but I would like to meet other players someday. 

unini

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2018, 01:51:07 PM »

Hi folks!

can i get some advice from you? i am quite struggling with conntinous suns. I rather easily manage a single one with stopping, but with the continous ones, the top is often just ending up vertically on my right hand ... few times i managed 3 or 4 in a row, but i dont really see what i am doing wrong (or right). After all, it will just be more training i think but i have a few questions  :)

do i need to wait a bit after the trapeze, throwing a few drumbeats, so that the top gets a bit slower?
does it help to use a shorter string? i tried that a bit and it seems to give me a bit more control
which tops do you think make suns the easiest to learn? luckily i have a few different ones ... hp hornet, giulia owb, qs hybrid, stb2.5 or just a small cometa top?

Cheers,
Christoph

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2018, 04:05:18 PM »

Christoph:

Yes, the top has to be spinning not too fast.
Yes, a medium length string makes it easier than full lenght string.
I'm not sure if some tops make it easier.

If the top is standing up, you are probably pulling at the upper part of the circle.
I suggest you watch again my tutorial. It's a trick that requires coordination between the two hands.

unini

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2018, 04:36:30 PM »

Thanks Tao! that helps!