iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Help on old yyf tips  (Read 1951 times)

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
Help on old yyf tips
« on: May 12, 2017, 10:26:53 AM »

YYE has some tips that say for throwback does throwback use different tip than the acrobat. Looking for any info on these tips ,or ideas. Thanks
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 10:32:42 AM by Softspin »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Help on old yyf tips
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 12:49:24 AM »

YYE has some tips that say for throwback does throwback use different tip than the acrobat. Looking for any info on these tips ,or ideas. Thanks

EDIT: I remembered wrong: the Acrobat and Throwback tips are not compatible. The Acrobat tip has a flat shelf while the Throwback tip has a beveled shelf.

In addition, the fixed-tip-only purple Acrobat might not be compatible with other Acrobats. That top was initially designed for a one way bearing but it did not work out.

You can switch the tips between the two tops, except (I believe) for the purple fixed tip-only Acrobat (the one Miguel is selling).

By the way, the Acrobat did not come with the rounded tip option of the Throwback.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 06:00:42 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 06:52:26 PM »

Here is a photo showing the difference between the (bearing) tips (Acrobat on the right).

This discussion made me play a little with these tops. The round tip of the Throwback (not on the photo) is really nice for doing the soccer knee/thigh bounces ("dominadas") as it doesn't hurt like pointed tips. I might use it for Turegano's patch.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 06:55:16 PM by ta0 »

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 11:12:24 PM »

Thanks for the good info...might have to get the guys in college for easily amused to come up with a tip..of the four of us into spin tops three like tinkering on tops..the fourth is lucky great ...photos were real helpful