iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2817 times)

pops

• ITSA Jr.
Introduction
« on: January 06, 2017, 07:06:57 PM »

Hello forum members.  I thought I should introduce myself.  I like many others, spun tops as a kid.  Mostly trying to damage other tops.  Never was very good and never learned any tricks, but enjoyed spinning anyway.

My interest in spin tops was recently renewed when I saw a you-tube of men throwing tops to plate-like disks.  Some of these appeared to be 8-10' above the ground.  I was amazed at their accuracy.  I then found other videos on the internet and was further amazed at the multitude of tricks that can be done with a spin top.  I figured that even though I am old and crumbly now, I might be able to learn to do some of them. 

I purchased a Trompos Space SL Spin Top - Pegasus with a fixed tip.  It has really taken a beating(I cannot believe it has withstood some of the blows I have given it) and I have re-pointed the tip three times(concrete is tough on steel), but I am learning to accomplish a few of the simple tricks.  I feel that I have only been able to do so because of this forum.

I have spent some time reading old posts of the forum and have found many of the extremely helpful.  The suggestions given to others who were having trouble with specific tricks have been especially useful.  I suspect I would  never been able to complete a boomerang if it had not been for the suggestions and advice you have given others concerning this trick.  I have learned that if you attempt to do a trick and it does not work and then try it 10 more times the same way, it still does not work.  Reading your suggestions and tips has allowed me to modify what I am doing and thus become successful.  I am not good at any trick(spinning, big scoop, hackey top, boomerang and skyrocket) yet, but I feel that with practice I shall get better.

I mainly wanted to thank all for your help you have given me and the many others who read this forum. 

I did not intend to have such a long post, I will try to keep them shorter in the future.

Respectfully,
Kenneth

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 07:30:45 PM »

Welcome to the forum Kenneth. I'm glad you were able to increase your talent with the help of our members. Keep on practicing and the sky's the limit.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 08:42:04 PM »

I am very glad that this forum has helped you rekindle your love for tops. As you said, the old posts are a great resource. But if you have any questions, do no hesitate to ask.

Welcome back, "old timer"!

Watts' Tops

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
    • www.wattstops.com
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 09:01:32 PM »

Tops are not just for kids--you have proven that.  Welcome to the top spinning crowd.
Watts' Tops
Prov. 3:5-6

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 11:11:45 PM »

Hey Kenneth!  Nice having you with us.  It was good to read your post and your experiences with tops.  Thanks for sharing.  I look forward to hearing more from you.  Good luck with your spinning progress.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 10:10:26 AM »

Kenneth,
Welcome. It is good to hear that old posts are helpful.  I doubt that any of us are offended by the length of you post. Especially since you bring happy news.  Many of us did not start spinning until we were older so you are in good company.
Kirk

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 01:37:38 PM »

Welcome to the forum Kenneth.  Great to hear of your success.

What part of the world do you live in?
Perhaps there might be other members in your vicinity who you could hook up with on occasion

Turegano

• ITSA Jr.
  • Turegano
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 03:44:47 PM »

Welcome to the forum Kenneth.   A great moment for itsa I think it is this knowing that serves everything that is done by the fabulous toy in my opinion itsa is the best forum of the top in the world

TROMPO MEXICO

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 11:43:17 PM »

Kenneth I hope you stay with it. It just gets more fun. I enjoy tricks fighting and making tops. And sharing.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 11:49:03 PM »

welcome home sir @-@

pops

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 09:40:06 AM »

Welcome to the forum Kenneth.  Great to hear of your success.

What part of the world do you live in?
Perhaps there might be other members in your vicinity who you could hook up with on occasion

South Arkansas