iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New address to my blog  (Read 4201 times)

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
New address to my blog
« on: December 31, 2009, 01:04:01 AM »

Mi blog de trompos ha modificado su dirección. De la anterior que tenía a www.pulpowsky.com/trompoblog... Los que la teníais en favoritos os ruego la cambiéis. Esta dirección será definitiva y estable.

My blog about trompos has modificated its address. From before one to www.pulpowsky.com/trompoblog... Please change it from your favourites. This addres will be accurate and stable.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: New address to my blog
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 10:39:01 AM »

??? I didn't know you had a blog

¡Fantástico!

Watts' Tops

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
    • www.wattstops.com
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 07:38:19 PM »

I could understand one word on your blog.  Watts.  Thanks for putting the Watts' Tops up.  Happy New Year.  You get an 8 hour or so head start over us.
Watts' Tops
Prov. 3:5-6

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 11:14:25 AM »

I feel badly, also.  I did not know about Pulp's blog either.  Looks like this is a good place for me to start working on my Spanish!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 04:17:41 PM »

Believe me. If I my english level were better than actually I do realice a dowble lenguaje blog.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 03:22:22 AM »

Hmmm.....I'm finding that I am enjoying the challenge of learning some Spanish if I am reading about top spinning.  For some reason, I am not sleeping well tonight so I started reading (trying to read) Pulp's blog.  This is an activity I normally would not like doing but since we are talking about top spinning, it's not so bad!

Here is a question that my on line translator could not answer.  In his first blog he writes "Bienvenidos al este blog sobre trompos y peonzas."  The
translator says "Welcome to this blog about spinning tops and spinning tops."
I'm pretty sure Pulp did not mean to say spinning tops twice........could peonzas mean "spinning things?"

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 07:07:03 AM »

Hi Mike:

Last night was the night that Magician Kings (Reyes Magos) give to the good ones kids presents they ask and write in the wishes letter to the Reyes Magos few weeks ago. Is the Catholic version of "Santa" (the pagan fat man  :D ;D ;) )

I wrote my letter with a medium level english course and the book "Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone" of course, in english.

I suppouse I was a good men during last year because all that things was this morning over the feet-bed.

Peonza and trompo are almost sinonim. The trompo has crown but the peonza has the upper part completely flat.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:51:13 AM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 09:02:29 AM »

I wasn't sure myself of the difference, because the term peonza is not used outside Spain (that I know).

Reyes Magos = Three Kings Day = TOYS! But now that I live in the "North" (all is relative) I get them a couple of weeks earlier with Santa!  :D

It is great Mike that you are learning a new language. Perhaps you should take an immersion course in Mexico with an emphasis in trompos ;D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 09:07:46 AM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 08:26:49 PM »

I agree with you, ta0.  I do need to take an immersion course in Mexico with lots of trompo involvement!  I am trying some immersion work here in the Chipotle restaurants in Ohio.  There are only a few words and phrases I know but I try to use them when I order.  I doubt if it is as intense as a trompo visit to Mexico but I like the fact that I get the reward of some food after every order!!!

One new phrase I am working on is...........este hombre pagara por todo!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 05:10:20 PM »

Guess what, Pulp?  I've been practicing my Spanish on the workers at Chipotle.  I'm getting a little better but the most interesting news is that the workers at this Chipotle restaurant seem happy that I am trying to learn.  Yesterday when I got my lunch, they thanked me for trying so hard and they paid for my meal!

Maravilloso!