iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: One Handed Trapeze-Top Problems  (Read 2322 times)

• Gold Member
One Handed Trapeze-Top Problems
« on: May 30, 2016, 04:25:32 AM »

Hello Everyone,

So, I have taken the challenge of trying to learn the most difficult trick! I understand that it is the opinion of this forum that the "Stacked Trapeze" is the most difficult trick to master!

So far I have mastered the "One Handed Trapeze", but this is where I run into difficulty.

I am currently using a "LingDong" or "Space Top" Spintop. This spintop, has a bearing tip, but the tip, is able to be pulled out a little bit leaving a small gap between the tip and the top. I a able to do one handed trapezes with no problem, but the string often gets caught in this small gap, whenever I do a trapeze of any kind, and quickly slows down the top to such an extent that I cannot do any other tricks with it.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? Do all tops have this "gap" or is this "gap" just one of the problems the Ling Dong has?

As always I appreciate your assistance!
Thank you for your time and for reading!

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
Re: One Handed Trapeze-Top Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 04:33:33 AM »

this "gap" just one of the problems the Ling Dong has?

yes sir
with copies and cheap wholesale tops ///////////////it happens >:D

get a S8 , !!
it's another world ;)

jim

"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 04:57:05 AM »

You're way beyond me, but the gap in my Space Top is real small and I don't have issues with the string getting caught in the gap. I'd say check the nut inside for tightness.
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 09:25:18 AM »

I understand that it is the opinion of this forum that the "Stacked Trapeze" is the most difficult trick to master!

i was joking about that btw  ;D
theres pleanty of harder tricks  >:D

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 09:41:55 AM »

So far I have mastered the "One Handed Trapeze", but this is where I run into difficulty.

I am currently using a "LingDong" or "Space Top" Spintop. This spintop, has a bearing tip, but the tip, is able to be pulled out a little bit leaving a small gap between the tip and the top. I a able to do one handed trapezes with no problem, but the string often gets caught in this small gap, whenever I do a trapeze of any kind, and quickly slows down the top to such an extent that I cannot do any other tricks with it.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? Do all tops have this "gap" or is this "gap" just one of the problems the Ling Dong has?

As always I appreciate your assistance!
Thank you for your time and for reading!

a top shouldnt have a gap between the tip/body but on the bright side it kind of forces you to be precise  ::)
get a yyf short circuit if you cant afford a more expensive top eh, they are legitness @-@

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 02:01:31 PM »

One of the issues with bearing tops is that you must also be a mechanic.  The moving parts seem to gather junk. If you play indoors you gather lint and cat hair. If outdoors you may need to wash goose excrement from your bearings with IPA.  Depending on how the top is made you may be able to adjust it.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 03:03:04 PM »

cat hair.

mmm indeed, and i dont even have a cat!!!  ;D