iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 All   Go Down

Author Topic: Trick patches  (Read 5926 times)

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
Trick patches
« on: May 03, 2016, 02:39:17 PM »

I'm having trouble finding the list if required tricks for the 8, 16 and 24 trick patches.  I know I was able to find them months ago, but now I continue to get "404 error" messages.

Are these patches still available?  Is there a list of the tricks here on the forum that does not rely on a link?   I think I may be ready to start working toward my first patches, but need more info....

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
Re: Trick patches
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 02:40:25 PM »

BTW, I tried looking at the sticky, but it relies on a link that seems not to work....

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 03:17:45 PM »

interesting i cant find it either  ??? must be an oversight with the new website
fortunatly i have some left over copies  ;) heres a pic of the lists

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 03:26:02 PM »

interesting i cant find it either  ??? must be an oversight with the new website

Perhaps they discontinued the award program (ran out of patches?) ?  :(
Even if that was the case (Val? Dale?), we can continue to have the virtual patches.
I uploaded a copy of the pdf I found archived: link

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 03:27:06 PM »

Perhaps they discontinued the award program (ran out of patches?) ?  :(
Even if that was the case (Val? Dale?), we can continue to have the virtual patches.
I uploaded a copy of the pdf I found archived: link

surely they would have said if they had wouldnt they???

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 03:59:38 PM »

Thanks, Jack, for the copy of the application!  That was just what I wanted to know.

Jorge, the PDF is perfect!  Can it be made readily available, and easily found on the sticky?  Other folks may want to see these lists of tricks, too.

Thanks again, to both of you!

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 04:04:04 PM »

I have another question relating to these patches.  If the awards are virtual, and not awarded by Spintastics, does the top used still need to be a Spintastics model?

I'd be willing to use the required top, if the patches were physical, as opposed to virtual....

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 04:09:07 PM »

I feel almost ready for the 8 trick patch.  I have never done the scoop, as my back issues make it difficult for me to bend down to the floor.  Would it be allowable to do the scoop off of a table top?  I should begin practicing that.

The only other trick I lack for the 8 trick patch is the arm walker.  I'll begin working on that one, too.

When I feel ready, must I be tested in person?  I don't know anyone to test me, unless there will be someone in Miamisburg in August....

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 04:26:07 PM »

I have another question relating to these patches.  If the awards are virtual, and not awarded by Spintastics, does the top used still need to be a Spintastics model?

I'd be willing to use the required top, if the patches were physical, as opposed to virtual....

ohohohohoooo sneaky cookie is sneaky  ;D

I feel almost ready for the 8 trick patch.  I have never done the scoop, as my back issues make it difficult for me to bend down to the floor.  Would it be allowable to do the scoop off of a table top?  I should begin practicing that.

The only other trick I lack for the 8 trick patch is the arm walker.  I'll begin working on that one, too.

When I feel ready, must I be tested in person?  I don't know anyone to test me, unless there will be someone in Miamisburg in August....

ya sure if youve got back problems im sure it wouldnt be an issue to do it off a table as long as the trick is done properly.
no it doesnt have to be in person, simply record a vid and send it to spintastics, if theyve discontinued the program then just post it here or pm it to ta0 or something i suppose

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 06:37:00 PM »

I wrote to Dale. The award program is still available8)

However, Val and Dale sold most of the business, except the spintops  :) (plus friends and promoters and school programs.)
You will have to send him an email for the patches. But he said that the website will probably come down soon and then the Spintastics email will not work anymore. I updated his email on the board to one he will keep, so you can send him an email through the board (he may not see a pm).

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 06:56:39 PM »

However, Val and Dale sold most of the business, except the spintops  :) (plus friends and promoters and school programs.)
You will have to send him an email for the patches. But he said that the website will probably come down soon and then the Spintastics email will not work anymore. I updated his email on the board to one he will keep, so you can send him an email through the board (he may not see a pm).

change makes me a little sad  :-\

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 07:01:01 PM »

Spintastics is going through a web site redo.  As I write this the awards info is not up yet.  Val sent me the application forms to post here.
Read more carefully :)  It is rather buried in the sticky.  The link in the quote box will take you there.
Perhaps the moderator should move the links up.

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 07:10:15 PM »

I have wondered when they might choose to retire.  I wish them all the best.

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 07:52:32 PM »

Good luck and congratulations to Dale and Val.  Spintastics will always hold a warm place in my heart. They were my rock before I found Ta0 and all you wonderful people here on the board.  I struggle daily to improve my play so that I can earn that next patch. I'm so glad their top business will survive. I don't know if I could go on without a never ending supply of new and exciting designs from Dale and Val.  A world without Spintastics will be a sadder world indeed.  :'(

P.S. - Dale and Val, please keep us posted on your new spintop adventure!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 08:15:06 PM »

Hmmm!  I, also, did not know about most of the Spintastics business being sold.  They were a big part of my life the last 15 years!!!  Peace and happiness in whatever is coming up next for the Olivers.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 08:18:57 PM »

Spintastics is going through a web site redo.  As I write this the awards info is not up yet.  Val sent me the application forms to post here.
Read more carefully :)  It is rather buried in the sticky.  The link in the quote box will take you there.
Perhaps the moderator should move the links up.

I see that you are correct.  However, the wording of the link did not lead me to think of trick patches.  Topawardapp did not register with me, at all.  Perhaps we could get it featured more predominantly in the sticky, with a description that tells what it leads one to....
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Up