iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: new trick: R.R.R.A  (Read 5415 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
new trick: R.R.R.A
« on: May 10, 2016, 05:53:18 PM »

im a very pleased cookie to present a trick ive been working on the concept for for the last week or so
it is called "roy rodgers rides again" or "R.R.R.A" for short.................and that ladys and gentlmen is what you get when you say to your 74 year old father "you can name it" lol  ;D
in order for it to be called a true "roy rodgers rides again" it must be done.............. fixed tip............as always  ;D dainty irish tune is optional though, but it sure does add a festive spirit to it  ;)
wwwwwwhat do think about this here trick there eh budds?

top used: QSH fixed ("C" tip)

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: new trick: R.R.R.A
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 06:33:23 PM »

I like it all. Music - Top - and T shirt. I would like it more if It was a 10 inch top with a big C tip.

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 08:33:21 PM »

That is one fun trick!
EDIT and I like the name!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 11:44:32 PM by Kirk »

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 11:11:10 PM »

nice and elegant.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 11:32:21 PM »

I don't know if I like it. I am concerned that I will have to learn it when you have your own patch and that it is going to be frustrating . . .  ::)
You make it look smooth and nice.
Great job!

and that ladys and gentlmen is what you get when you say to your 74 year old father "you can name it" lol  ;D
;D

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 11:50:07 PM »

Ooooh! I see that the entry is key. I have never been able to do a grind where the top is on the back side of the hand.  You lead with a sewing machine. So I tried it and did that grind for the first time. It seems like a much better way to control the way the top comes up.  I have always tried directly from the trapeze throw with lame results.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 10:48:29 AM »

I like it all. Music - Top - and T shirt. I would like it more if It was a 10 inch top with a big C tip.

thanks cecil  ;D

That is one fun trick!
EDIT and I like the name!

fun indeed  ;)

nice and elegant.

thank you sir!!!  8)

I don't know if I like it. I am concerned that I will have to learn it when you have your own patch and that it is going to be frustrating . . .  ::)
You make it look smooth and nice.
Great job!

and that ladys and gentlmen is what you get when you say to your 74 year old father "you can name it" lol  ;D
;D

thank you very much ta0  ;D ooo the jack patch is comin together now eh  >:D

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 10:52:16 AM »

Ooooh! I see that the entry is key. I have never been able to do a grind where the top is on the back side of the hand.  You lead with a sewing machine. So I tried it and did that grind for the first time. It seems like a much better way to control the way the top comes up.  I have always tried directly from the trapeze throw with lame results.

thats great news kirk!!! no wraps on the tip=delicious cookies for all @-@
 i remember thinking that catch was impossible because you cant see the tip, trying on and on....glad weve both got over that hurdle eh lol!!!

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 09:25:23 PM »

thats great news kirk!!!
Not so fast with the congratulations.  It is only when you mentioned not seeing the tip that I realized that you had you palm forward. That is a good bit harder, but it gives you a half turn extra on the grind.  So my lunch and evening were taken with working on the palm out grind catch.  Now I can get the first part of RRRA about 50% of the time (bearing :( sorry).  I sort of got the trick once.  I had to go around my left hand twice and I was all wobbly wonky but I think i might be able to get it.
Kirk
PS While throwing around this evening Rachel got WAY more consistent and smooth with the trapeze throw.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 09:47:01 PM »

thats great news kirk!!!
Not so fast with the congratulations.  It is only when you mentioned not seeing the tip that I realized that you had you palm forward. That is a good bit harder, but it gives you a half turn extra on the grind.  So my lunch and evening were taken with working on the palm out grind catch.  Now I can get the first part of RRRA about 50% of the time (bearing :( sorry).  I sort of got the trick once.  I had to go around my left hand twice and I was all wobbly wonky but I think i might be able to get it.
Kirk
PS While throwing around this evening Rachel got WAY more consistent and smooth with the trapeze throw.

50%!?!?!? thats an excelent average for such a short period of time  :o it took me months of off and on trying to even catch that 5% of the time and thinking it wasnt possible to begin with lol!!! i am sorry sir but by god i will congradulate you  >:D this is excelent news indeed, ur most of the way there once you catch that first grind  ;)
i raise my beer to you and your success @-@

p.s  way tgo on the trapezes rachel!!!!!