iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Giant Top Testing 2016  (Read 21384 times)

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Giant Top Testing 2016
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2016, 10:53:50 PM »

By the way on the March 22 video I noticed that bumblebee had a good deal of left to right wandering.
Then I noticed that the pulley on the rear is off center.  Is the off center mount just a practical matter of mounting.  Perhaps this picky detail is worth a few RPM.

It is very cool to see things run so smoothly.

topper777

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2016, 04:29:02 PM »

That giant top video was exciting to watch! !! Good job to all that participated.

JMauk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2016, 01:01:30 PM »

By the way on the March 22 video I noticed that bumblebee had a good deal of left to right wandering.
Then I noticed that the pulley on the rear is off center.  Is the off center mount just a practical matter of mounting.  Perhaps this picky detail is worth a few RPM.

It kind of waddles down the track as it pulls the top.  Trevor and I will have a look at the pulley alignment when he comes in August.  Will be looking at reshaping the point as well

JMauk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2016, 01:03:28 PM »

We have had several successful demos of the world's biggest top this Philippine summer (April-May). Not just on Saturdays but whenever we have had more than 200 guests with weather and schedule permitting Today's (May 27, 2016) demo was videoed by my son-in-law, EJ Bongolan, and includes a lot of statistics while I am commenting about the top while it is being wound up.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2016, 11:41:25 AM »

I am very happy that after all the work you put into it you now can share it with so many people.

If you could increase the size of the upper ring, the demo could be much more impressive, assuming the top spins fast enough to stand up. I am trying to think of a way of doing it that would be feasible and safe.

JMauk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2016, 01:16:52 AM »

If you could increase the size of the upper ring, the demo could be much more impressive, assuming the top spins fast enough to stand up. I am trying to think of a way of doing it that would be feasible and safe.

Interesting.  Will get Trevor thinking on this too!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Up