iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: POM KOMA by Spingear  (Read 7420 times)

Taka

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
    • SPINGEAR--Yoyo,Spintop,Kendama,Diabolo Store
POM KOMA by Spingear
« on: December 30, 2015, 06:13:30 AM »

Here is my first Koma made by POM.
High quality and better spin than standard toy top.

http://spingear.jp/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=2192&sl=en

We also back in stock POM Chonkake and beginner version.

http://spingear.jp/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=2173

http://spingear.jp/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=2171
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:15:40 AM by Taka »
Yoyo,Koma(Kyoku,Chonkake,traditional,all kind),Spintop player.
Taka from Tokyo

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: POM KOMA by Spingear
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 11:40:55 AM »

Great! Thanks for making these available!

I just ordered both the POM (Delrin) koma and POM chonkake. I think the prices are good and the shipping cost to USA is great (1300 Y = $11).

I noticed that you have different grades (S/A/{B}) of koma's depending on the balance (I guess you check them one by one). You also offer 4 colors: black, white, red and blue. When I select S and blue or red I get the black image, but that is probably an error.

PS: I will move this to the Buy/Sell board later today.

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 12:27:11 PM »

You also offer 4 colors: black, white, red and blue. When I select S and blue or red I get the black image, but that is probably an error.

Perhaps not an error at all...
I think (by design) that since both the blue and red are sold out in the "S" model, the color is not shown for those selections.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:33:48 PM by Larry D. »

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 10:15:28 AM »

Great! My "begginer" chonkake has arrived today and it's absolutely awesome. I'll try to make a video with some tricks  :)

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 09:46:08 PM »

I placed my order today :)
Taka,
  Thanks for working to make an English web page.  I hope you sell many tops. What kind of gloves does Miki san wear?  Why does he wear them? 

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 10:16:57 PM »

ooohhh!  Looks like a great player.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 11:32:29 PM »

I received my POM chonkakegoma and komas today. It was mailed the 31st, so it got here very fast! What great service!
I could only throw them inside the house for a little bit, so I cannot review them yet. But here are some measurements:

POM Chonkake: width 135 mm (5.5 in), weight 395 gr
This is smaller but heavier than the traditional tape chonkake I brought from Japan: width 170 mm (6.75 in), weight 345 gr

The POM komas weigh 35 gr. This is exactly half the weight of the wooden koma with metal rim of similar size that Keita gave me.
They do feel quite light on the hand. The grade A is a little bit less well balanced than the grade S, but the vibration is insignificant for most purposes.

I was a little worried about damaging my traditional chonkake. With the new one I should be able to experiment without fear!  >:D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:39:50 AM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 02:26:34 PM »

I just tried my delrin chonkake. It plays a little different than my lighter but bigger tape chonkake (I don't have the Spingear tape chonkake which is the same size as the delrin but weighs only 240 gr according to the website).

I swap the rope because it was too short and it kept slipping out of my hand. I have the impression that it is a little bit more difficult to start. I would say it requires a little more aggressive play because of the increased weight. But once it gets up to speed it plays sweet. I did a bunch of behind the back passes without problem.

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 08:56:41 PM »

Mine arrived today!!!
FUN
-- edit --
I spent some Christmas gift cash on a chonkake.    Thanks to Taka and Jack's videos I was able to start the top and do basic regens!

I also got a POM Koma and a wood & metal koma.  The blue POM koma is more beautiful than I expected.  With the hollow upper, I was not able to do a crown wrap to hole the knot.  Do koma players use a loop?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 12:05:32 AM by Kirk »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 10:24:12 PM »

A little video I recorded today trying the POM Chonkake on a break from pruning trees.

The string is from my other chonkake and it is longer than the one that comes with this one.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 12:59:59 AM »

Believe it or not, I was inspired today to check in on the Topspinning board because I've been inspired by the Chonkake too!  Coincidence? 

I got mine late Thursday evening and I can't put it down... 

I've been playing with various cotton strings trying to find the right groove.  I'm not really feeling the string provided, but it's probably just my inexperience...   

Thanks Taka :) (Such quick shipment and fair rate too--I commend you.

Thanks also to Taka, Jack and now Ta0 for the videos.   Wonderful! 

Sorry I've been out of touch...too much work, not enough spin lately.

Kirk, you probably figured it out, but you can trap the end-knot of your string on the rim of your hollow koma and still "wrap the crown". (or the upper post in this case).  You can also adjust your string length and simply wind as with a crown less top where the wraps only go around the tip only.  It takes a bit of trial and error to get string length right, but it works too.
Erratic Wobbler

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 06:37:56 AM »

A little video I recorded today trying the POM Chonkake on a break from pruning trees.

The string is from my other chonkake and it is longer than the one that comes with this one.

holy hell i almost missed this!!!! bravo ta0 your alreadygreat with that thing @-@ bravo!!!!