iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How To Play Tujlub  (Read 43812 times)

TujLub

Re: How To Play Tujlub
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2016, 02:06:52 PM »

Here is a video of me on how I throw a tujlub

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2016, 03:31:15 PM »

Great aim!

Wow! I had assumed there was no Tujlub during winter in Minnesota. It must be getting very popular to be able to use such nice facilities!  :D  :D  :D

TujLub

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2016, 05:14:51 PM »

There is no tujlub in Minnesota during the winter season. Therefore, I am able to find a facility to play this sport. Tujlub is starting to spread and pretty soon, the facility will be fill with tujlub players.

This year of 2016, Ramsey County and Ciyt of Maplewood will be constructing 6 tujlub courts in Minnesota. The project is expected to be completed in the summer of 2016.

Click the link below for more info:

http://maplewoodmn.gov/1470/Tuj-Lub-Courts

TujLub

« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2016, 12:28:58 PM »

If any of you guys are interested, there will be a tujlub tournament on July 2nd and 3rd in Minnesota this summer of 2016. Tujlub players from all ages across the US will compete in our biggest tujlub tournament in the US, and it's consider the tujlub "Super Bowl". This will be a great opportunity for you guys to watch and learn from different tujlub players about this sport.

Cash Prize:

1st place $3,000 plus trophy
2nd place $1,000 plus trophy
3rd place $500 plus trophy

Address:

McMurray Fields - City of Saint Paul
1155 Jessamine Ave. W.
St Paul, MN 55108

Click on the Link below for more information about the tournament:

http://www.hmongfc.org/
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 12:32:57 PM by TujLub »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2016, 04:36:21 PM »

I wish I was closer. I hope some of the forum members from Minnesota come by.

I see that you expect 50,000 attendees for the Hmong festival. I also see that it is your 36th festival. That is great!

TujLub

« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2016, 05:30:54 PM »

Every year, over 50,000 attendees from around the globe attend this event. This event is not just a tujlub tournament. The event consist of other sports competition such as soccer, volleyball, sepak takraw, and flag football.

Each year, about 25 tujlub teams from across the US come to Minnesota and compete in the tujlub tournament. The teams are place in a bracket of 4 or 5 teams. Each teams play against other team within their bracket. After playing against all other teams within the bracket, the team with the lowest score is eliminated from the tournament. The other remaining teams move to the Quarter-semi final, and so forth.

It will be great for the forum members in Minnesota to come to this event and have an idea about this sport. We are hoping that if the word of mouth about tujlub expands across the US and other countries, this sport someday makes it to the Olympic.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 05:40:51 PM by TujLub »

TujLub

« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2016, 05:06:33 PM »

I forgot to mention earlier. There will be a tujlub tournament in Brown County Fairground located in De Pere, Wisconsin on May 28th and 29th.

Address:

1500 Ft Howard Ave, De Pere, WI 54115

If there are forum members that lives close by, come and watch some of the tujlub players.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 05:09:52 PM by TujLub »

BryanC

« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2016, 02:28:03 PM »

I live near Beaver Lake in St Paul MN and just about every evening a group of people play this awesome game.  I am interested in learning how to play and getting the equipment needed to play. 

Does anyone here play in that game?  Can anyone help in teaching me how to manufacture a stick with the string and getting a Tuj Lub top?

Thanks!

Bryan from St Paul

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2016, 02:57:42 PM »

I live near Beaver Lake in St Paul MN and just about every evening a group of people play this awesome game.  I am interested in learning how to play and getting the equipment needed to play. 

Does anyone here play in that game?  Can anyone help in teaching me how to manufacture a stick with the string and getting a Tuj Lub top?

Thanks!

Bryan from St Paul

Welcome to the forum Bryan!

Read the PM I just sent you.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2016, 04:26:26 PM »

Thanks!

Bryan from St Paul

welcome home sir @-@

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2016, 09:24:08 PM »

It is wonderful that you live in St Paul, Byan, and are interested in Tuj Lub. Please, keep us abreast of your adventures in this sport. Maybe you can convince other spintop players in the region (e.g. Dazzling Dave) to join you. I really hope that this sport expands outside the Hmong community. For the little I have tried it, it is a lot of fun.

TujLub

« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2016, 04:49:45 PM »

Bryan,

Tujlub is only homemade. You can purchase the tujlub from Chia and contact him at 763-269-2192. He will tell you everything.

City of Saint Paul open a tujlub court on Case and Duluth Ave.

http://m.startribune.com/new-tuj-lub-courts-in-st-paul-signal-acceptance-hmong-leaders-say/395917271/

Since it's getting closer to winter season, a lot of us will return and play tujlub in early Spring. Stop by the tujlub court in early Spring.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154243683738591&id=129130583590&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like

I will be happy to teach you!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 04:59:34 PM by TujLub »

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2016, 12:28:22 PM »

Congratulations on your new courts!

The opening ceremony

some demonstrations

can you describe the construction materials?  It looks like there is some type of (rubber?) surfacing material secured with screws to some base (concrete?) material.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2016, 05:31:12 PM »

Chia seems to have a tuj lub made of a translucent plastic. It looks nice!

It looks like the courts are made of smooth concrete. That would ensure that they last a long time but are probably rough on the tops.

TujLub

« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2016, 10:26:54 PM »

The material lay out on the court is just heavy duty rubber. Conrete will damage the plastic tujlub. There will be 3 more tujlub courts open next year June of 2017 in Maplewood, Mn.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 10:29:36 PM by TujLub »
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up