iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Peonzas energia spintops  (Read 8014 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Peonzas energia spintops
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 04:05:34 PM »

For the price and quality these are very good tops for beginners: Short Circuit (fixed tip) is just $6 and Elec-Tric (Bearing) $10.
But the tip upgrade costs as much as the top ($10) and the tips look like aluminum, not steel.

I see they come with rings at the of the string. I guess they did not want to make changes with respect to the Energia tops for sale in Spain. Will rings become popular in the US?  :-\

Now the big question: will YYF promote the tops?

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 08:23:17 PM »

I think certain retailers will definitely promote the tops. Andre with YoYoExpert is definitely into tops and it's likely most of their sales will come through there. Ben of YYF wasn't pushing the tops at CalStates other than having a few out and prices(Short Circuit $5, Elec-Trick $10, Elec-Trick LED $15, parts kit $10, but it was merely listed as "Tops, $5, $10, $10, parts kit $10". They did come with rings, I'm not using those. Nice option but I feel they aren't needed. Players will more experience using rings might wish to chime in and lay some knowledge on me in regards to rings.

Tyler Severance left YYF to form Recess International, so that resource is gone. Miggy is still around and might help. Not sure if Corey Hendon is skilled enough with tops to do promo videos. Not sure who else they have on staff and on their team who are using tops, but there's bound to be a few.

We'll see if YYF is still taking these with them at the Bay Area Classic. Last year, Patrick had a "color test" unit that sucked, but that's because it wasn't anything other than mock-up complete with bearing tip, but not the same construction as the Elec-Trick. It looked neat though, a mottled green. I don't see these doing well just due to the lack of interest in tops in general. However, YYF is big in Mexico. I hear many contests get snotty if you don't use YYF gear at them. I think this might be good since there's more interest in tops south of the USA border. I do feel confident saying that the Vietnamese yoyo shops will likely not carry them. Their trend is yoyos and I'm not sure parents want to plonk down dong(Vietnamese currency) on tops, when yoyos cost more and therefore people can "show off" their spending better.

I hope this leads to some higher end tops, including metal or all delrin or delrin with aluminum. For now, I'm fairly happy with these tops. If they are looking to keep the prices that cheap, an Elec-Trick and Short Circuit gets you bearing and fixed tip for under $20. That's a neat starter kit!
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 08:46:49 PM »

Not sure who else they have on staff and on their team who are using tops, but there's bound to be a few.

ann connolly @-@ ann has the genetics @-@
i still am seeking the illusive autograph of that champion, mr. stohr did his best but allas  :'(

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 10:20:58 AM »

i still am seeking the illusive autograph of that champion, mr. stohr did his best but allas  :'(
Remind me before worlds and your desires will be (platonically) fulfilled  ;)

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 11:20:26 AM »

thank you very much ta0  :o if you succeed sir there will be a limited edition top-toque in your future @-@ a top-toque like none that has ever been seen before  :o

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/55564265.jpg

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/57337359.jpg

« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:36:48 AM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 11:39:50 AM »

ps : jack : beware of the global warming! each photo counts...even if it's freezing in toronto

Mm, perhaps it would be bad for global warming . . .  :P

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 12:30:43 PM »

ps : jack : beware of the global warming! each photo counts...even if it's freezing in toronto

Mm, perhaps it would be bad for global warming . . .  :P

from this day forth..........jack will no longer post memes...........and will relinquish his title of "dankest meme master".......he does so not because of exhaustion of his meming capacities......but rather because 2 of his friends have repeatedly and politely mentioned........"global warming".............that is all........good night.....and goodluck
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 12:52:01 PM by ta0 »

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 01:43:25 PM »

That is, assuming she shows. Actually, she almost always shows for Worlds.

She's flaked many times at BAC and CalStates. I don't know why. She can usually place to finals.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2016, 09:47:32 PM »

That is, assuming she shows. Actually, she almost always shows for Worlds.

She's flaked many times at BAC and CalStates. I don't know why. She can usually place to finals.

shashashashakalakashashaaaaaa!!!! steeeerp that  :o u musnt jinx it  ;D