iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: half Gyro Flop to upside down Merry Go Round  (Read 3367 times)

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
half Gyro Flop to upside down Merry Go Round
« on: April 09, 2015, 09:44:01 PM »

OK. Somewhere I saw a video of this done (Euro Contest?)  I can easily do a half gyro flop and easily do an upside down MGR (from a trapeze).  The combination however has me picking up tops.  What hand motion is used in the transition?

Hroch

• ITSA
Re: half Gyro Flop to upside down Merry Go Round
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 08:05:30 AM »

There are more ways how to do it. I've made video with 3 of them:

1. CCW loop - right hand unwind - it's actually not unwind, loop stays on the tip but usually skips away during C8's
2. CCW loop - left hand unwind - little bit harder but loop is unwounded properly
3. CW loop - right hand unwind - opposite loop at the beginning, you have to do two bottom turns at the end of C8's otherwise top will fly away

In the transition is right hand going around the top and top is going towards you. Maybe someone explains it better  :)
If you finish C8's with trapeze (without second half of gyro flop) it's probably easier.

If you want to play video in slow motion, you can download it here and use VLC player to watch it frame by frame using "e" key.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 10:48:02 AM »

Thanks Hroch for taking the time to make the video and explain the fine details (that I hadn't thought about).

In the transition is right hand going around the top and top is going towards you. Maybe someone explains it better  :)
I would add that you need to lower the top while you are doing that.

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 11:08:20 AM »

You're welcome, I hope it helps  :) I've had a free day today and I was also working on your patch  :P finally...I'm still working on world hitchhiker and boleadoras, everything else is "ok"  :)

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 07:20:17 PM »

Wow! I did not expect such a fast response. What a great video.
I was able to get 2 turns on the C8 after just a few tries!  The trick looks rough but I am on the way.  More practice this weekend.
Thanks so much.

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 02:45:30 AM »

Nice very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 09:04:45 PM »

There are more ways how to do it. I've made video with 3 of them:

1. CCW loop - right hand unwind - it's actually not unwind, loop stays on the tip but usually skips away during C8's
2. CCW loop - left hand unwind - little bit harder but loop is unwounded properly
3. CW loop - right hand unwind - opposite loop at the beginning, you have to do two bottom turns at the end of C8's otherwise top will fly away

If you finish C8's with trapeze (without second half of gyro flop) it's probably easier.

If you want to play video in slow motion, you can download it here and use VLC player to watch it frame by frame using "e" key.

your skill is next lvl sir @-@
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:14:49 AM by ta0 »

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 01:20:31 AM »

So impressive.  Thanks for the video Hroch!  I need to practice...  :-X

Erratic Wobbler