iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: TA0's Trick Patch  (Read 25872 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: TA0's Trick Patch
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 03:10:28 AM »

oh great ta0 i beseech thee! i hath done my best and i here presenteth it before you for review! that being said....this really was good fun, i had a great time learning the new tricks and a couple of them were ones i was meaning to learn for awhile and this gave me the final motivation to learn them, thanks ta0  ;) im afraid i had to film this half one day and half the next day because of film time constraints and the fact that even jack cant perform very well for extended periods after 3am :( well hope you enjoy and thanks

tops used:

staircase to heaven: stock trompo grande (fixed)
reversible corkscrew: QSH (fixed "C" tip)
wizard gyro: stock QSH (bearing)
flip flop: QSH (bearing, with a modified BK cap)
drum rolls: stb 2.0 (fixed)
upsidedown boomerang to upsidedown figure 8's: QSH (fixed "C" tip)
pencil sharpener: QSH (bearing, with modefied BK cap)
loop regens: stb 2.0 (fixed)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 04:03:08 PM by Jack »

Sabaspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 06:57:43 AM »

¡¡¡Way to go Jack!!! 8)
Master Jack, you are now. The force is with you.

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 12:10:33 PM »

Excellent work Jack!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 12:29:24 PM »

Well done! You got it!  :)  8)

You really surprised me with the one-hand loop regens! You can call that variation your own! It was funny that you had to use one hand to protect your teeth. The reason is that using one hand the "gear ratio" is lower and you have to swing the top much faster than with two hands.

I wish the camera showed the catch on the UD boomerang and Pencil Sharpener (and with a faster shutter). On the Staircase to Heaven I would prefer that the spiral goes over a good part of the forearm and not just around the wrist.

I'll resize the white-belt patch so it matches the rest of your patches (but at the rate you are going you will need to make them smaller pretty soon  ;) ).

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 04:45:10 PM »

Well done! You got it!  :)  8)

You really surprised me with the one-hand loop regens! You can call that variation your own! It was funny that you had to use one hand to protect your teeth. The reason is that using one hand the "gear ratio" is lower and you have to swing the top much faster than with two hands.

I wish the camera showed the catch on the UD boomerang and Pencil Sharpener (and with a faster shutter). On the Staircase to Heaven I would prefer that the spiral goes over a good part of the forearm and not just around the wrist.

I'll resize the white-belt patch so it matches the rest of your patches (but at the rate you are going you will need to make them smaller pretty soon  ;) ).

thank you very much ta0! oh i didnt know it was harder one handed i was too afraid of broken teeth to try 2 hands lol. i look forward to seeing the patch gracing my signature  8) i will re-record the tricks u mentioned as soon as i get a chance  ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:14:05 PM by Jack »

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 04:45:57 PM »

Excellent work Jack!

thank you sir!

¡¡¡Way to go Jack!!! 8)
Master Jack, you are now. The force is with you.

thank you sabaspin! may the force be with you too!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 12:09:37 PM »

Jack, give me a few weeks to make the cloth patches. I might make them together with the ITSA membership patches, once we finalize that design.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 02:23:25 PM »

Jack, give me a few weeks to make the cloth patches. I might make them together with the ITSA membership patches, once we finalize that design.

oooooooo itsa patches! we need every man woman and child on this forum wearing one! cant rush perfection!

miguelanchelo

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2015, 04:10:25 PM »

dentro de poco quiero hacer mi propio parche¿como se hacen los parches de tela?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 12:27:32 PM »

dentro de poco quiero hacer mi propio parche¿como se hacen los parches de tela?

If you mean actually making a cloth patch, look for a custom embroidery shop (busca: "bordado de escudos").
I will send a cloth patch to whoever obtains mine.

If you mean, making your own virtual trick patch, you just need to come up with a list of 8 tricks (they don't have to be original, they can even be classics), video them and make a design for the patch. Anybody can propose his own trick patch (I want one from Mark Hayward  ;) )

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 01:30:10 PM »

(I want one from Mark Hayward  ;) )

mmm that would be a dilicious patch

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2015, 07:30:09 PM »

Good job! It's really great patch, difficult and interesting tricks. Division to classes A and B and more difficulty levels is also good idea. I hope we'll get black belt soon  >:D

I have been waiting for some videos from the Czech Republic  ;)
I believe you mentioned on another thread that you were missing World Hitchhiker and Boleadoras.
The trick for doing them is: wait for the precession of the top to approach the position where the tip points in the direction you want to swing the top. The faster you swing it, the smaller the angle between this direction and the tip when you start. Then it is just a matter of having confidence and don't stop. It is just that. Of course, you need a place outdoors where you won't lose the top if it flies away.

Hroch

• ITSA
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2015, 01:30:42 PM »

:D Thanks for info, I found similar one about month ago in some thread and I understand it but it's still not working well. I'm able to do Hitchhiker maybe twice from 10 and I've never done Boleadoras. Next week I'll have to do final state examination for Bachelors degree and I also want to make two videos for boomerang contest before deadline  :) Then I'm going to start practising again, weather is good so it's not problem to practise outdoors :)

Hrosik

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
  • Daniel Konecny
    • Spintop.cz
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2015, 04:17:02 PM »

Finally, we got all the tricks practiced and record our applications to obtain the black belt of Ta0 Trick Patch. So, boss, what do you think about them?  >:D  8)

Jakub aka Hroch

Daniel aka Hrosik

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2015, 05:36:50 PM »

Wonderful! They are spin perfect! Both of you are officially spintop black belts!  ;)

The quality of your videos is so good that people should watch those instead of my original video!

I will order the cloth patches very soon.

For others: no need to wait until you can do all 16 tricks and earn the black belt. When you can do 8 tricks post a video and get my patch.
Also, anybody can post their own patch list. The tricks don't have to be original. By the way, I need to work on Miguelanchelo's patch.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up