iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What have you guys been throwing :)  (Read 3390 times)

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
What have you guys been throwing :)
« on: July 17, 2019, 11:03:47 AM »

Hey y'alls,

I find that lately the forum is kind of dead!!! I was wondering what you guys have been throwing ( if you were. ) Any achievement you were able to pull off.. any new tops :)

On my end I was able to pull off this morning Wheels of Fortunes -> Hammer -> Wheels of fortunes -> Hammer ( 1 rep of each ). It's quite fun :)

Anyone has found any new tricks to share..

Keep spiinnnin'
paxl
Spinning is life!!!!

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
Re: What have you guys been throwing :)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 03:58:13 PM »

Been throwing mostly Spintastics lately, because I want to be ready for my 16 trick patch in time for Miamisburg.  But, my Giulia and Johnm tops are always part of daily play. 

I was also looking at the trick ladder for Worlds and wondering what I would be able to pull off.  I've only got about 10 tricks I can do without fail, and all but one are only one point tricks.  I decided to just pick something off the list worth more points and work on it.  I thought the Bermuda Triangle looked fun, and possible.  Quickly decided a bearing tip would be helpful, and found the tip shape of the Giulia easier to keep on the string than the QSH. 

Only been working on it for 2 or 3 days, and not for any length of time any given day.  I try to practice over grass with the Giulia, especially at the many-drops, ground impact stage of learning.  We've had heat index of over 100 for several days, and no relief in sight.  The humidity makes your string feel like mush pretty quick.  Anyway, I can hit the Bermuda Triangle spot on about 2 times out of ten.  Feelin' pretty good about that.

But, I don't think I will ever be able to do regenerations.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 04:20:43 PM »

Very interesting final sentence, Renee.  I see you making solid progress and marching steadily to regeneration land!  It is just a matter of time!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

jmadrigal

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 07:28:17 PM »

What do you think ;)

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 09:08:48 PM »

Next month I have my hip surgery, then I can get back into throwing Trompos. At this time I’m still working on the big top that became the wife’s flower pot. I Wish some of the members would take the Toulou top and modify it. This top is great for tricks and fighting.

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 08:29:51 AM »

If it is a goal of yours, keep at it... you will get it.. it is humanly possible :P

Nice y'alls for the answer!

@cecil: Good luck on the surgery. I'll be honest, I'm a bit lazy to do the modification, especially that I have a Watt's top that I can do most of my tricks on =)

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 01:23:42 PM »

Making tops and lines just adds more fun. I found out to get what I really wanted I had to make it myself. After making tops for ten years I think I can make the best trick top in the WORLD. I wish I could make them on a C.N.C lathe, and sell them at a good price.

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 11:36:39 PM »

I plan to bring my Chonkake to Miamisburg.  The one I have responds fairly slowly and is great for learning regens.   I can have you regenerating in 15 minutes unless you try really hard. (then it will take hours)
By the way I was convinced that trapeze catch is impossible for humans to do.  All the videos were faked.  Then it became possible for me.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 11:39:25 PM by Kirk »

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 12:51:47 AM »

It’s been a long time Sence I’ve seen a post from Jack. It’s time to get funny again - love the way you post. Maybe the good times are back.

Renee

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 10:12:42 AM »

I plan to bring my Chonkake to Miamisburg.  The one I have responds fairly slowly and is great for learning regens.   I can have you regenerating in 15 minutes unless you try really hard. (then it will take hours)
By the way I was convinced that trapeze catch is impossible for humans to do.  All the videos were faked.  Then it became possible for me.
I was fascinated by the Chonkake in Miamisburg last year.  Glad you'll be bringing it again, and I would love to try it (but not try real hard). 
I also believed the trapeze was a trick only for Jedi, and my early practice seemed to do nothing but confirm that suspicion.  I finally started seeing glimmers of hope in between long views of the dark side.  I can finally catch it most of the time, with a couple of my tops.  I don't consider a trick mastered until I can do it with a variety of tops.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 10:17:30 AM »

I also believed the trapeze was a trick only for Jedi, and my early practice seemed to do nothing but confirm that suspicion.  I finally started seeing glimmers of hope in between long views of the dark side.  I can finally catch it most of the time, with a couple of my tops.  I don't consider a trick mastered until I can do it with a variety of tops.

Ayyy congrats dude!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2019, 11:03:38 AM »

It’s been a long time Sence I’ve seen a post from Jack. It’s time to get funny again - love the way you post. Maybe the good times are back.

cecil

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 04:20:12 PM »

I love it Jack. Jack come to San Jose, Ca. And throw the best trick fighters in the World - and make a dying old man HAPPY.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2019, 01:32:09 PM »

I love it Jack. Jack come to San Jose, Ca. And throw the best trick fighters in the World - and make a dying old man HAPPY.

someday friend

paxl13

• ITSA Jr.
  • Ultrahero member
    • Instagram
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2019, 02:11:51 PM »

Personally, I just got back to the chonkake... Wow this toy is fun 😀😀 expect some fun footage soon!!