iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 All   Go Down

Author Topic: a load of finger spinners - lug nut covers!  (Read 9771 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
a load of finger spinners - lug nut covers!
« on: September 18, 2014, 10:18:26 AM »

Since the fest in Miamisburg back in August, JNeff and I have been talking about lug nut covers. We have been surprised at how well some of them spin.  I have been surprised at how much interest they get with people who come to our house.  Last night was another example as one of our youth leaders stopped by and played with them for over a half hour.

There seems to be a number of different styles of these covers.  Just thought I would bring this up for your top spinning enjoyment.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: a load of finger spinners - lug nut covers!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 11:39:51 AM »

These look like good spinners:

but you probably mean something more like three of these:

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 11:23:54 AM »

I got my three while traveling.  It was at some truck stop with a Subway.  I stopped for a sandwich and was surprised to find some tops.  When they are all spinning they remind me of rascals.  They make a nice "ching" sound when they touch each other.

I want some more, but not the world's largest collection!

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 11:21:22 PM »

When Mark Hayward was in Miamisburg this past weekend, he took a little side trip to the Hall of Fame.  There he found a lug nut cover similar to the one in the top left of the picture.  He spun it a few times on the big IKEA bowl and then grabbed the bowl with both hands.  Soon he was manipulating the finger spinner round and round the bowl.  After a bit, it was quite obvious that he was regenerating it very nicely.  I was surprised at how well it kept going with just a very subtle touch.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 09:20:05 PM »

Ha!  After a long day of travel, I stopped at a Pilot gas station/travel center and there I found two more styles of lug nut covers that I didn't have.  They had probably three of four dozen of the ones I already own.

You can't beat the fun for .99 cents each.  I just wish they would stack.

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 09:22:30 PM »

this interest me greatly all of the sudden, how exactly does one spin one of these mike?

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 09:07:38 AM »

I snap start them by holding the top of them and giving them a spin.  They will spin for a minute or so.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 03:02:43 PM »

I had to laugh the other day when I passed a big truck.  On his front lug nut covers he had the long ones like ta0 is referring to in the above picture with the words: "these look like good spinners".

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 04:25:05 PM »

hahaaaa!!! wonderful ive been looking for this thread for awhile now but couldnt find it  ???
a cpl months back i was going through some random junk and came accross a cpl cap nuts and immediatly i remembered this lug nut thread!!!! these things are like the mini version loooool!!! behold:

thanks for bringing this back up mike!!!  ;)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 05:13:24 PM »

Oh!  Battles on the beans!!!

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 05:48:30 PM »

Oh!  Battles on the beans!!!

............this gives me an idea @-@

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 06:50:19 PM »

Jack, last summer I made two tops out of small, plastic water bottles.  One was filled with sand, and the other with clay kitty litter.  Both tops have large acorn nuts, like those you have, as "tips".

I took them with me to Miamisburg, and several attendees spun them in the parking lot.  They actually spin quite well!  They don't work too well for tricks, although someone (Mark Hayward?) managed to boomerang one of them....

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 06:58:17 PM »

Jack, last summer I made two tops out of small, plastic water bottles.  One was filled with sand, and the other with clay kitty litter.  Both tops have large acorn nuts, like those you have, as "tips".

I took them with me to Miamisburg, and several attendees spun them in the parking lot.  They actually spin quite well!  They don't work too well for tricks, although someone (Mark Hayward?) managed to boomerang one of them....

really!?!?? was that ever posted here??? i need pictures i need pictures!!! that was a great idea  :o

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 07:01:22 PM »

really!?!?? was that ever posted here??? i need pictures i need pictures!!! that was a great idea  :o

I still have the tops, but have not taken pictures.  I will try to remember to do that, and will try to post them here.  I'm not very tech-savvy, so bear with me if it takes a while....

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 07:09:05 PM »

I still have the tops, but have not taken pictures.  I will try to remember to do that, and will try to post them here.  I'm not very tech-savvy, so bear with me if it takes a while....

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:44:40 PM by ta0 »

JMauk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 06:18:34 AM »

kitty litter top

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 08:30:03 AM »

Thanks for posting the picture!  I had completely forgotten that I'd said I'd do so.

The one Mark is holding is the one filled with kitty litter.  The one I am holding is full of sand.  Both are very heavy, but do respectable spinners on the ground.  I think the kitty litter one may perform a bit better.  Someone, I think it was Mark, eventually boomeranged one of them.

You can see the acorn nuts that I used as tips....

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 01:54:17 PM »

kitty litter top

very nice mailman

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 02:06:46 PM by ta0 »
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Up