iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: EL GRAN BIG BANG MEXICANO DE CUERDAS DEL TROMPO PARTE VII - Telarañas Elèctricas  (Read 4547 times)

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member

I meant that this regeneration trick, baptized by me as "electric spiderweb" (((if you prefer say only spiderweb it`s good, but i remember the name "magnetic wires", so, I guees is a good name for this regen trick, "electric spiderweb"))) was discoverd/invented when I tried to do a basic trick that Gustavo Castro was teaching a certain time. I couldn`t do the basic trick, but I realized that there existed the possibility to discover a new way to regenerate the spin of the top. This happened some close months ago. The first name I gave it was "fisher spider", but finally, I decided call it "telarañas elèctricas" and I keep "fisher spider" for another regen trick that possibly I will invented in future.

The first name I gave it was "fisher spider", but finally, I decided call it "telarañas elèctricas" and I keep "fisher spider" for another regen trick that possibly I will invented in future.

Well, Finally, I have gotten both tricks. In this video, I show the definitive trick of regeneration (obviously, with fixed tip) Telarañas Eléctricas.

As you can see, the left hand is the one who does the lazada and the right hand is the one that pulls up the cord (hilo)
I must warn you that is a very , very difficult trick. I reccommend try first do the  another and very similar trick "araña pescadora" that is easier to get for a hand righted person.
The video of araña pescadora will be available as sooner as I can.
Keep practicing, that and I wait your video Ta0, in order I can suggest you. I suppouse you already are able to do the another one, the "araña pescadora"
I must excuse for these re-change of the names, but the "fisher spider was the original and initial name I conceived for the first trick.
So, remember, """I need to say, to explain, to clarify both tricks.

Finally, the names are the definitive for those both tricks and I put into clear what they are alike:
Fisher Spider:  You start to pull up the string (hilo)with your left  hand and you capture, you do a lazada with your right hand. If you are right handed person, this will be easier to do to you.
Electric Spider webs:  Is almost the same thing, only that in this case, the right hand is the one that pull up the string and the left hand is the one that does the lazada. Of both,  this last (eletrick spiderwebs) is the most difficult to me. I suppouse that for a letf-handed man, this will be easier.
(, by the way, naturally, I was born right handed man)

I believe that is almost completely necessary use butterfly and ring. And to me, in the electrick spìderwebs, the butterfly is absolutely necessary.

You can get confused by Reading this text. Initially, I had baptized in the former  “electric spiderwebs” video, the ones that right now I`m re-calling Fisher spider.
So Fisher spider is the definitive name of the trick that you see in the video I called “electrick spiderweb”• Fisher spider was the original name I thought for that trick, and now that I dominate well both, I can do that modification. ""

Enjoy the video and he trick.

the link is this next:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSJf7ND5B2c[/youtube]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 05:34:23 PM by ta0 »

SpinQueen

• Superhero member

I cracked up when you started singing  :D  Thanks for posting this wonderful trick!  Great stuff....I only wish your shirt was black so I could see the white "spider web" better.  My eyes are getting old along with the rest of me ;)

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper

Nice trick Salvador--thanks for sharing it with us.  I wish I could stand over your shoulder and watch more closely what is going on...
Erratic Wobbler

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com

Great to see you posting spintop videos again! Even if you want to make us all get tangled in your web of string and name changes  ;D

I watched 3 times your video and I cannot exactly tell how you are handling the string on your right hand. But I am pretty sure I am doing a variation of the mirror trick, Fisher Spider (Araña Pescadora). However, I suspect my version is easier than yours. You say having the ring at the end of the string is an advantage for your trick. Well, I don't think my version is possible with one!

I'll put a video when I can (not tonight, I have some birthday cake to eat  ;D). But I bet you can do it from the following description in a few tries.

I start with the top on a trapeze. I place the string hanging from my right hand over the index finger on the left hand.  I lift the top by pulling the string with my right hand (I may raise the left hand a little). With the string I now have between the left and right hand, I catch (sewing-machine style) the tip of the top. This starts the new trapeze that will replace the first one. I let go the end of the string on my left hand so the top now goes down while pulling the string from the first trapeze. I am back to the beginning.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 08:30:55 PM by ta0 »

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member

This starts the new trapeze that will replace the first one.????[/]

Well, Jorge. I much interested in what you are exactly doing. As far as I know, when o.s. does a trapeeze, the top leaves to be in contact with the string and in these both cuerdas, the top is always in contact with the string.
Or maybe the movement of to pull up the top is known there like trapeeze too?
Here, that movement is known, (more or less the same movement) as a "lifter" (elevador).
Hope to see the action.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 10:07:26 PM by ARÀCNOCTAMBULO »

WaxyAxle

I loved this video and I will tell you why.  Sure it had some great spinning in it but even better was the joy and outright fun he was having.  I guarantee the next time that I am out shopping in a store and I here this or probably any other Whitney Houston song come on the overhead speakers, I will remember this video and I will be happy.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com

Salvador: often, over here, we call a trapeze (mount) just having the top horizontal hanging from the string.

Yesterday I did 38 repetitions: I generally miss when the knot at the end of the string goes through the tip and gets into a tangle. Yes, I'll post a video in a few days, perhaps including an overhead view.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper

Sounds a bit similiar in principle to Ta0's "drum rolls"?

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None

Superb!
Regens by gravity are the more difficults to perform. It is neccesary to leave the lowest speed to the trompo becasue it is imposible to force the increasing of the spin speed.

¡Soberbio!
Las regeneraciones por gravedad son las más difíciles pues hay que saber mantener el trompo con velocidad baja ya que no se? puede forzar el aumento de velocidad.
Newton estaría orgulloso de saber cómo utilizas su ley de la gravedad
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

SpinQueen

• Superhero member

Pulp, that reminds me of something I was thinking about yesterday.  I'm working on Magnetic Wire and I've gotten to the point where I have the general motion of the trick, but I really don't know where to get the best regeneration.  I got seven reps yesterday w/a TG but then it just ran out of speed.  I tried using a shorter length of string and wondered if I needed to go at a faster pace to make it work.  Too long of a string and I just risk hitting myself in the face or chest, or have a difficult time passing the top over my arm.  I seem to remember someone saying that there was a difference in the way Orbits were performed vs. Magnetic Wire.  Was it John B. who said something about the regen coming from the sides of the string with Orbits vs. the pump w/MW?    I'm at the point where I'm feeling a bit stuck.  I'm always the teacher w/those that I play with so it's very hard to progress and the lingo here on the forum is starting to confuse me so I'm feeling stagnate and a bit frustrated, and unfortunately, I've have very little luck with the search feature in terms of finding answers from previous posts.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper

I'm having the same problem with Magnetic Wire (aka orbitas or double satellites) just seem to run out of spin to the point where precession exaggerates and overcomes my ability to correct the tilt.  Lately I've been trying for a faster "backswing", it might be helping, not sure...

Daveid, where are you?