iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Miamisburg top festival 2014  (Read 36901 times)

JNeff

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
Re: Miamisburg top festival 2014
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 05:07:08 PM »

I got some really good news today. I'm off work and I'm coming to Miamisburg. I will arrive on Friday. I'm a first timer and Mike.....thanks for all your hard work to make this event happen. I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of the faces behind the nicknames. Never met a top spinner I didn't like.
If its worth doing.....its worth overdoing

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 05:54:36 PM »

Oh my gosh!!!  Miamisburg is in for a treat.  johnm and JNeff together for the first time.  Look out whirled.  These two creative minds could blow a big crater in this town that will never be forgotten!

Thanks for the great news.  It will be great to have you meet our Alabamians, Georgians and the Long Islander.  What a great weekend it will be.

I already had some good news to report but it seems pretty mild compared to all of that.  Anyway, here it is.  I stopped by the Mayor's office with a copy of Matt Ritter's "Someone You Should Know" article that talks about Matt Ritter day in Miamisburg.  He wasn't in but his secretary was and she was pretty excited about seeing it.  Then the city manager (who really runs the city) stopped by her desk and he was excited, too.  Then one of the head maintenance guys stopped by and he talked about clearing everything up from the road construction so our event can go ahead smoothly!  It was a win, win, win day at our Civic Center.

Tuesday is my day off and I will spend it going around to some different groups trying to drum up some more top spinning interest.  So until the next report, thanks JNeff!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 07:10:17 PM »

Wow!  The varsity teams are really signing in.  It seems Ohio could forfeit the home advantage.   8) I saw Aaron 2.0 on Friday and informed him of the date to help bolster our numbers.

Long wire walker to the STUMP!

Nice work on the political front Mike.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2014, 06:41:37 PM »

How about this for a good sign?  I went by Subway for lunch and got a diet coke to drink with my sub.  It was in a bottle.  Have you seen their new promotion?  They are putting the names of people on bottles to give each one an individualized look.  Guess what name was on my bottle?  Jorge!

Yes, a long wire walker to the stump sounds very exciting!!!

WaxyAxle

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2014, 09:39:47 PM »

Never met a top spinner I didn't like.

Well you haven't met me yet!  But I should be there on Saturday.  I think that'll make it three out of the last four Whirled top fests.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2014, 09:55:36 PM »

Yippeee!!!  Go WaxyAxle.  Looking forward to seeing you again.  Is your daughter coming?  Maybe two daughters??  Love to hear your stats......three outta four.  Good work!

Two steps forward and one step back, as they say (or something like that).  I made a bunch of flyers and passed those around to local businesses.  Everyone seemed very receptive.  When in the city building the big news was that the mayor liked the Matt Ritter article and the reference to "a city in Ohio named Miamisburg" making it Matt Ritter Day.  He liked it so much he talked about it at the city council meeting which is recorded and televised.  Yippee!!!  We made the TV.  Then I walked by our spinning area and they have cut a two foot wide path in the cement right through where we spin.  They also took out the cement on the driveway ramp from the road.  That is a lot of cement taken out three days before our event.  We will see how this all turns out but maybe we should just put on our construction hats and make a joke out of it.  The church lawn might be looking good this year.  We will see.

Shootist

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2014, 04:27:25 PM »

Miamisburg HERE WE COME!!!!!!

jrodriguez

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2014, 07:03:29 PM »

I was hoping to be able make it out, but I’m just too swamped with catching up on a pile of work that accumulated while I was out of the country for a few weeks. I hope it’s a blast!
Fearless leader of the Finger Lakes Yoyo Club - PM me for info!
JRod's Yoyo Mods - https://www.flickr.com/photos/jrodsyoyomods/

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2014, 10:26:35 PM »

Sorry you can't join us jrodriguez.  Maybe next year?  I just got the word that Mark Hayward can't make it either.  He has a gig earlier in the afternoon on Saturday and could not make it here until 8 or 9pm.

On the good news side, I am happy to hear that Shootist and his family are on the road.  Larry D. should be at the first leg of his journey.  And I bet Kirk and Rachel are loading up this minute.  Could JNeff have been loading this whole week?  I am also thankful for the people  coming from Cincinnati and Columbus.  How nice to have you so close!!!

It rained for hours today.  Nothing was done on that big cement ditch in the middle of our spinning area.  We had a church council meeting tonight and I talked with them about the possibility of moving everything to the church yard.  They are behind us (thankfully).

I am working as far ahead as I can this year (thankfully no funerals or weddings) and I am all set with the typing I have to do for the weekend.  We will print the bulletins tomorrow (with special top spinning innuendo) and fold them.  The sermon is mostly done (whew) with more top spinning connections.  I should be ready for Larry D. to arrive somewhere after noon and I will have the rest of Friday and all of Saturday to spend with him and the others.

Can you believe I had to go to four banks to get enough dollar coins for the event?  Bankers really hate those coins and they get rid of them as quick as they can.  They used to have rolls of them stocked back in the big safe but not so much anymore.  Well, at least I got what I needed.  I will have to start collecting them earlier next year!!!

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2014, 08:09:56 AM »

Loading the car!
When do people start gathering at the stump?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2014, 10:41:25 AM »

Have a great festival, have a lot of fun, take many pictures and have many stories to tell. I hope the rain spares you. Some of me will be spinning with you, literally  ;)

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2014, 11:10:49 AM »

Can you believe I had to go to four banks to get enough dollar coins for the event?  Bankers really hate those coins and they get rid of them as quick as they can.  They used to have rolls of them stocked back in the big safe but not so much anymore.  Well, at least I got what I needed.  I will have to start collecting them earlier next year!!!

What is it that you use the coins for?  I'm having trouble imagining how they relate to top spinning, unless they are given out as prizes....

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2014, 12:11:10 PM »

I'm with all the top spinners at Miamisburg in spirit.  Hope you have a great festival!  I'm doing a juggling job tomorrow night and will be sure to spin some tops as my long distance contribution to the fun.  Pics please and video!

Sabaspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2014, 12:19:49 PM »

Best wishes on your festival! It will surely be a lot of fun.
May the weather be with you. 8)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2014, 06:52:02 PM »

Good news.  Larry D and JNeff are here.  We are out to supper at the Meadowlark (remember that nice place Mark?).  All is going well.  Jim liked his motto and bd greetings on the sign in front of the church.  He also liked his special top bd cake and balloons.  People are asking about what time the famous johnm is arriving tomorrow. 

Thanks, everyone, for the kind greetings.  What a special time this is for me!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up