iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 All   Go Down

Author Topic: Kreiselparadies claims it has reached 1000 tops  (Read 4014 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Kreiselparadies claims it has reached 1000 tops
« on: November 09, 2013, 01:33:04 PM »

We have discussed before the German spinning top shop Kreiselparadies (Paradise of Tops) . I got an email saying that they reached their goal of having 1000 different tops for sale. The vast majority are finger tops. I was browsing it and some of the interesting things I found were:

Top Spin game:

With the finger top you need to move the three rings into the goals

Top with training wheels:

;D

DVD storage metal top:

Useful?  :-\

A giant (10") top made with a car disk brake :

:-\

What I find most interesting about this site (and the rival German site http://www.kreisel-einkauf.de) is that it is proof that there must be a substantial group of people that collects finger tops out there. 

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
Re: Kreiselparadies claims it has reached 1000 tops
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 05:55:21 AM »

great find

the disk brake top is impressive

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 12:55:49 PM »

I'm adding training wheels to all my tops.

8)
Erratic Wobbler

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »

Yes, it is interesting how many people enjoy finger tops.

I am with poptop.  That top with training wheels is hilarious!

Maybe I can direct some family to this site......with Christmas looming.  Thanks, ta0!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 02:06:23 PM »

Of course, Tim has the top with training wheels in this collection and shows it working at the beginning of this video:

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 07:59:03 PM »

Now, that's my kind of shop!

Tops on wheels are fun. Two favorites with retracting landing gears come in at 6:28 below. (Not my best-planned video.)

Wheels can actually be useful in tops. For example, they make for much smoother landings in heavy tops that aren't bounded by surfaces of revolution.

Art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time ... and with spinning tops, we decorate both.
—after Jean-Michel Basquiat, 1960-1988

Everything in the world is strange and marvelous to well-open eyes.
—Jose Ortega y Gasset, 1883-1955

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 09:43:28 PM »

Two favorites with retracting landing gears come in at 6:28 below.
I love them!  8)

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 09:44:27 PM »

Thanks!

Fun to scroll through the catalog. They apparently sell both new and vintage tops. Even found a pair of brightly decorated Toycrafters disk tops from 1994 or so!

The tops generally aren't as clever as the ones I saw on that French site we discussed months ago. But still found some interesting designs.

Mermouy

• ITSA
  • Spintop lover, spinning since 2015...
    • Spintop Tips and Tricks
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 05:35:40 AM »

What I find most interesting about this site (and the rival German site http://www.kreisel-einkauf.de) is that it is proof that there must be a substantial group of people that collects finger tops out there.

Wow! Need to try to make one someday...

Joah

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 01:59:36 PM »

We have discussed before the German spinning top shop Kreiselparadies (Paradise of Tops) . I got an email saying that they reached their goal of having 1000 different tops for sale. The vast majority are finger tops. I was browsing it and some of the interesting things I found were:

Top Spin game:

With the finger top you need to move the three rings into the goals

Top with training wheels:

;D

DVD storage metal top:

Useful?  :-\

So many tops my mind is literally spinning with excitement!!! I was looking for a place that still made twist line tops! Hmmm....maybe the next generations of beyblade will have tops with customizable wheels :P

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2020, 10:50:19 PM »

@Joah, I like this French online top store even more...

toupie-shop.com

Smaller selection, but some very clever designs I've not seen elsewhere.

Joah

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 02:31:51 PM »

@Joah, I like this French online top store even more...

toupie-shop.com

Smaller selection, but some very clever designs I've not seen elsewhere.
When I thought it couldn't get any better!!! This shop is sweet! Their Olive Combat Top looks vicious I think my Koma would get a run for its money. I love how there are so many unique designs of tops from around the world! Thank you for sharing this.

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2020, 03:48:24 PM »

When I thought it couldn't get any better!!! This shop is sweet! Their Olive Combat Top looks vicious I think my Koma would get a run for its money. I love how there are so many unique designs of tops from around the world! Thank you for sharing this.

My pleasure! (Had a feeling you'd like that one.)

The Toupie Shop, Grand Illusions, and Kreiselparadies are all good places to prowl -- especially if your tastes in tops are on the eclectic side.

The olive is very nice. If memory serves, the fighting throwing tops usually seen on this forum tend to have much sharper tips. But a LEGO battle top needs a ball tip to be a good fighter-- on both offense and defense.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 04:39:51 PM by Jeremy McCreary »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2020, 12:04:02 AM »

I met Marion Olivier, "Miss Toupie", the owner of Toupie-Shop, this year at the Marines Festival (I cannot believe it was this year, just before covid: it feels like ages ago!). On her site she says her passion for tops started in adolescence when she had skirts that turned (?). She also says that she feels she was "born a living top"

Toupie-Shop is only about six years old while Kreiselparadies has been going for about 2 decades. The German site was also started by a woman, Monika Scharmann from the city of Esens.
There used to be another very good French shop, Les Trésors d'Agui, but unfortunately seems to have disappeared. There also used to be a similar but smaller site in the US, The Color of Life. I bought several unusual tops from there, but the owner had a progressive health issue and finally had to close.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 12:25:18 AM by ta0 »

Joah

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 09:26:48 PM »

My pleasure! (Had a feeling you'd like that one.)

The Toupie Shop, Grand Illusions, and Kreiselparadies are all good places to prowl -- especially if your tastes in tops are on the eclectic side.

The olive is very nice. If memory serves, the fighting throwing tops usually seen on this forum tend to have much sharper tips. But a LEGO battle top needs a ball tip to be a good fighter-- on both offense and defense.
I am huge fan of Grand Illusions YT channel. Interesting with the ball tip for LEGO tops. I've noticed with the 3D Beigomas the ball tip seems to win the most too. Working on a set of LEGO compatible parts to make simple flick top fighters. Found your YT channel today excellent content can't wait to watch more.

Joah

• Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 09:28:26 PM »

I met Marion Olivier, "Miss Toupie", the owner of Toupie-Shop, this year at the Marines Festival (I cannot believe it was this year, just before covid: it feels like ages ago!). On her site she says her passion for tops started in adolescence when she had skirts that turned (?). She also says that she feels she was "born a living top"

Toupie-Shop is only about six years old while Kreiselparadies has been going for about 2 decades. The German site was also started by a woman, Monika Scharmann from the city of Esens.
There used to be another very good French shop, Les Trésors d'Agui, but unfortunately seems to have disappeared. There also used to be a similar but smaller site in the US, The Color of Life. I bought several unusual tops from there, but the owner had a progressive health issue and finally had to close.
That so cool you got to meet the owner! Interesting thought of humans and tops...quite a striking allegory. 

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2020, 03:08:11 PM »

Working on a set of LEGO compatible parts to make simple flick top fighters.

Eager to see what you come up with!

Found your YT channel today excellent content can't wait to watch more.

Too kind. Please let me know which tops caught your eye.

Interesting with the ball tip for LEGO tops. I've noticed with the 3D Beigomas the ball tip seems to win the most too.

Seems to  be a consistent observation. Don't fully understand it, but ball tips definitely promote the conversion of spin angular momentum to travel, thus increasing the top's linear momentum (taken at its CM).

In a head-on elastic collision of two identical balls (think billiards), the one approaching with the lesser closing speed ends up leaving at the greater speed. Could figure into ejections.

Joah

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2020, 01:52:35 PM »

Working on a set of LEGO compatible parts to make simple flick top fighters.

Eager to see what you come up with!

Found your YT channel today excellent content can't wait to watch more.

Too kind. Please let me know which tops caught your eye.

Interesting with the ball tip for LEGO tops. I've noticed with the 3D Beigomas the ball tip seems to win the most too.

Seems to  be a consistent observation. Don't fully understand it, but ball tips definitely promote the conversion of spin angular momentum to travel, thus increasing the top's linear momentum (taken at its CM).

In a head-on elastic collision of two identical balls (think billiards), the one approaching with the lesser closing speed ends up leaving at the greater speed. Could figure into ejections.
Nice, I like your billiard description it makes sense! I'm very inspired by your top shooter and boomerang top!
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Up