iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Maurizio's Top  (Read 19379 times)

agentsac

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
Re: Maurizio's Top
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 06:38:50 PM »

what a great looking top.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 12:36:05 PM »

ah ah ! , catherine
Who do I have to $*#^& to get one of those
that's a pretty and radical statement!! ::) :-* :-*
i'm loving it  ;)

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 12:46:47 PM »

Ohhhhh, well! I don't really need another child, i have my 7 years old doughter and is enough for two lifes! The other offer of SpinQueen is really interesting  :P . Really I still have some of this babies, but they are more expensive than i've planned when i start the project, i must sell them at 40 euro (60 US$) than the 30 (45 US$) i had in mind. There is a little probability that i can make a new improved run (less weight and biggher tip with same shape) but i really don't know when it can be, maybe will be machined in the USA with less costs of production.

Maurizio

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 01:13:47 PM »

Notice Jim, the five letters instead of four:  $*#^&    I thought I'd go easy on The Spin Preacher and our younger members ;)   I must have been a sailor in a past life  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 03:17:51 PM by SpinQueen »

Jeromy K.

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 01:42:24 PM »

MR YO, I have 4 my oldest is 7 then 5,soon to be 4 and then the youngest 2. If you have one available let me know. Thanks for humoring me.

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 06:10:16 PM »

Fa poco tempo io ho vintò una trotolla di Maurizio, che luì amabilemente mi ha inviatto quà a Città del Mèxico. Ancora non credo la finnura del materiale e la grande manera in cui gira senza fare nessuno suono notorio, come si da allà maggiorenza delle trotolle di ballbearing. Credo che è senza dubbie il migliore trompo di baleros che io conosco e dei cui io ho avuto uno al mio potere.

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 11:59:08 AM »

Fa poco tempo io ho vintò una trotolla di Maurizio, che luì amabilemente mi ha inviatto quà a Città del Mèxico. Ancora non credo la finnura del materiale e la grande manera in cui gira senza fare nessuno suono notorio, come si da allà maggiorenza delle trotolle di ballbearing. Credo che è senza dubbie il migliore trompo di baleros che io conosco e dei cui io ho avuto uno al mio potere.

Grazie Salvador! Un giudizio come il tuo mi fa enorme piacere e, nello stesso tempo mi imbarazza, non so se me lo merito del tutto!

Thank you Salvador! Your response is huge important for me and, in the same time, give me some embarrassment, i don't know if i desrve it al all!

Maurizio

Jeromy K.

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 03:25:53 PM »

Mine is on it's way Woo Hoo I can't wait.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
buon giorno trotolla!
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 01:54:24 AM »

WOW, just got a wonderful little package in the mail today--all the way from Italy!  This little Beast is really something!  It is indeed everything others here have said: elegant, smooth, balanced, stable, and durable; a pleasure to toss.  The shape and feel are a bit like a YYF Throwback. The top body has a combination of weight/thickness at the shoulder/circumference and all the way down near the bottom/tip that make for a nice combination of stability and "playability".  I might go so far as to suggest this top and the Throwback elaborate on design features of shape and weight distribution idealized for bearing play.  (We chatted once or twice about this idea on the old board when there were fewer tops to compare.) 

When I read about the hefty weight, I was a little anxious.  After tossing it a bit I realize that the weight adds to the uniqueness and really helps the landings stick in hand.  The weight and stability also allow you to swing it fast without inducing a lot of tilt.  Delrin is denser than I realized--I like it and hope we'll see it used more in future top designs.

Maurizio already hinted that the tip is a little undersized--I'd agree, but it works fine and mates well with the body.  It looks like the tip assembly--one piece threaded stainless I think--could be easily converted to fixed by adding a threaded "reversible nut" like the ones Alan designed.  The tip, particularly the point, reminds me of the few Mexican tops I've seen, both in size and shape.

If I could change one thing about the top, I would probably want it to be a little bigger, while holding the weight about the same.  That may just be my preference, I've got big hands.

All in all, a fun player that I feel grateful to own--thanks Mr. Yo!
Erratic Wobbler

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 05:59:36 PM »

Thanks for your words, I'm happy you like my top  ;D , in the next run or new models i will change a bit, maybe the best change will be tip a little bigger and maintain the derin body as is. I'm working on a lighter top, same shape but more empty inside, 65-75 gr of total weight, i've draw a model made in two pieces, body and cap, with the choice of add orings to add weight and, in the meantime, change a bit the mass balance. Maybe on yoyofactory they will study my top, Ben bought from me two tops. Maybe i can make a bigger top  ;)

Bye, Maurizio

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2009, 12:01:11 AM »

Got mine today and I LOVE IT!  Yophosis, I fainted a few times myself, and you're so right about it being difficult to tell if the top is even spinning.  What a beauty!  I vote for more black and white ones.....and maybe even a pink one for the SpinQueen  :-*  :-*
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 10:40:07 AM by SpinQueen »

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2009, 08:26:42 AM »

Thanks Queen, this week end i will try to dye some delrin, maybe something good will come out :-)

Maurizio

John Buechele

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »

Mine just arrived today, unfortunately it's too late to play tonight. But tomorrow there will be a video :)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2009, 09:18:36 PM »

I had lunch today at Chipotle with John Buechele and guess what he brought with him?  It was his Maurizio top made out of beautiful delrin.  Wow!!!  What a treat to feel that in my hand.  We didn't have time to go throw but he did give it one easy spin in Chipotle and I held it in my hand for two minutes.  Wow again!!!  That is quite a top.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

John Buechele

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2009, 10:03:33 PM »

Unforutunately due to cold weather I have been unable to shoot a video. But what an incredible top. It spins so smooth off the throw and plays so incredibly well. I have spent time putting together new combinations of tricks, I just can't get enough of this top. I promise when I get a chance I will post a video of this amazing top.