iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Proud of dad?  (Read 2300 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Proud of dad?
« on: September 16, 2012, 05:46:37 PM »

This is kind of personal, but it is top related.
Some of you know my son Diego, who is now 15.  In spite of all my efforts, he always refused to throw tops (or other skill toys and juggling).  That was "dad thing".   ::)  Well, at school they had to write some essay about themselves.  Surprisingly, he did mention that his dad played tops and even included a link to my 2009 worlds freestyle!  :o  The teacher decided to show the video in class and according to him his classmates were saying afterwards things like: "wow, you have a cool dad!"  :o :o :o YEAH!!!  ;D  ;D

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
Re: Proud of dad?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 06:07:47 PM »

You ARE indeed a cool dude Mr. ta0!
I bet a lot of his classmates will want to visit "Diego's house" and meet his  8)  DAD!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 06:22:46 PM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 08:34:46 PM »

Congrats on the positive words from your son and his class.  You deserve it.  Sometimes nice words from a family are the hardest to get. 

Your top family thinks you are grand.  I am glad to hear some others in San Antonio are verbalizing it, too!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 12:54:00 PM »

i had missed your post ! cool dad ! the same thing here : the girls have always said no daddy don't play here (a public place) ! but at the same time when i met one of their teachers , she said ah you're the twins daddy , who plays yoyo and taught them to tune a sewing machine ...

skill toy kids !! :-*

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"