iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ineptt tour cancelled  (Read 4944 times)

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
ineptt tour cancelled
« on: January 12, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »

hello everybody

it's a tempest in a glass of water but still ....

we have to announce that the INEPTT project won't reach its term
namely :
 Chris Neff won't make it to Europe to meet Maurizio , Pulp and Jim
despite so much time spent on this project , including the rules of the raffle ,the contacts with our faithful donators ,the management and timing of the four raffles, the securing of the money raised, the contacts taken in each country... in brief after all this hope and work
it's been a huge disappointment to learn, this monday Jan 9th , that Chris had decided to step back from the project..
although this final decision comes really late in our timing , we have no other solution but to cope with it as it is: there's no point in ranting or commenting on this fact....

the money raised will be spent on other projects :

inviting/helping central/south American players to Worlds and other side projects
the "committee" is really sorry and will do its best to keep the good spirit of friendship and sharing :

we apologize to those whose "bets" were more for the cause than for the 1st prize (me first)
we apologize to those who believed it was a wonderful idea to spread the word of topspinning in good ol' Europe
we apologize to the generous donators who had put trust in our project and its ambassador ....

enough said , there will be more action ahead

and as my bygone pal "Triburin" used to say
"c'est dans les expériences négatives qu'on trouve le ferment pour continuer"
"it's in negative occurrences that we can find the ferment to go on "

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
Re: ineptt tour cancelled
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 12:24:31 PM »

I'm sure Chris has suffered taking this decision as well we suffer to listen that.

Maurizio

Muzico

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 12:37:09 PM »

This is bad news!
 I had the illusion to meet Neff along with Pulp.
 On another occasion will be

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »

Almost an year ago we announced a "revolutionary" initiative to promote spintop play in the world. The INEPTT project is no more but the original dream is still on, it will just have to take another shape. Rest assured, we will use the monies raised in the best way possible to promote the hobby and sport of top spinning. Bringing an elite player from Mexico or Colombia to worlds is on top of our list.  And Europe will still remain one focus of the project.  We have had barely enough time to assimilate the bad news but we will soon have new proposals and we welcome any suggestions.

I feel sorry for Chris's agonizing decision due to his personal circumstances and for the big disappointment of my fellow committee members who put such hard work and all their heart into making this project happen.

The world continues spinning, and so do we. No ambitious project has no setbacks and the best response is to try to make the final outcome even better.

On a lighter note, we need a new acronym, more generic, preferably with the word SKILL in it   ;)

Jorge
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 01:07:48 PM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 01:16:29 PM »

As one who has tried numerous ways to pull events together in our local area, I understand how these things happen.  Circumstances change in people's lives and some original ideas do not pan out as planned.  I am still thrilled about the people and the "structure" of top spinners that we have in Miamisburg.  I am also thrilled about the people and the "structure" of top spinners that we have around the world thanks to the raffles and other dreams around this project.  I am confident the committee will do well with the proceeds (many thanks for the dvds donated and given out at the whirled top fest).  I look forward to hearing more about where this will be headed in the coming days!

I agree with Jim about the ferment to go on.  I like to think of it more like a hurdle race.....the barriers are to be expected and they make the race exciting. 
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 01:22:09 PM »

It must seem absolutely insane not to accept an opportunity like a spin top tour in Europe, especially after all this time and all this work.  It probably is insane, I don't know.  All I know is that at the start of this project I was certain I could master any lingering hesitations, but hovering over the "click to confirm flight" button, it became clear that I can not be away from my wife and four year old son for a few days, much less a dozen, and with my bank account hitting zero every two weeks I must work as much as possible.  My personal apologies to all involved.

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 01:57:22 PM »

I think all of us understand you, family is first, you had non choice. I'm sure time will fix every problem, for everyone, so one day we will talk about tops drinking beer like spinning bears  ;D

Maurizio

trompillo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 03:26:53 PM »

It must seem absolutely insane not to accept an opportunity like a spin top tour in Europe, especially after all this time and all this work.  It probably is insane, I don't know.  All I know is that at the start of this project I was certain I could master any lingering hesitations, but hovering over the "click to confirm flight" button, it became clear that I can not be away from my wife and four year old son for a few days, much less a dozen, and with my bank account hitting zero every two weeks I must work as much as possible.  My personal apologies to all involved.
I understand your situation, and I am sure that your sadness will be the same as ours.
We will continue waiting for the right time. ;)

Muzico

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 04:15:04 PM »

Your decision is understood, Neff.No worry!
 If Neff is not coming to Europe, Europeans will go to see Neff!  (And all of america spinners)  ;D ;D

Takeshi

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 05:28:12 PM »

@Neff - You're a good man.  Ya gotta follow your heart.  Hopefully your heart will lead you to Indy on your way to Miamisburg for the Whirled Top Festival.  WTF?  That can't be right.  Whatever, you and your family have a place to crash in Indy if you're out this way :)

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 05:58:14 PM »

Stoopid economy.
Erratic Wobbler

Jeromy K.

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 10:02:34 PM »

Chris you did the responsible thing to do. Good on you, that shows you care for your family and your wallet. I was glad to donate to the contest, I am also sure what ever the monies are used for will be a good cause for the top community.