iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Christmas presents!  (Read 3083 times)

Muzico

• Gold Member
Christmas presents!
« on: December 25, 2011, 10:58:04 AM »

Hi all!
 I open this topic to teach us our Christmas presents.
 These are my gifts:

The spin Ripcord (left) is for you to see the different sizes.
 The big spin is a spin that the tip is not in condition to play acrobatically ... But I'm thinking about making a good point to make a false Watts haha!
 The top right of my sister bought in a market of a asciacion of disabled persons (paint it themselves), is very nice and funny.

I hope you like:)

PS: Sorry for my English ... I know I have many mistakes and maybe not well understood

woodguy

• i have an urge to spin the top.
Re: Christmas presents!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 11:45:35 AM »

very nice. :)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 01:45:57 PM »

Beatriz did get me the salt and pepper shaker tops: they will look nice in her kitchen  ;)  Actually, they spin relative well: with a palm start I got a 1'40'' spin with one and 1'20' with the other one, empty.  I have not yet tested silvertop's  prediction with salt an pepper in them.

A friend from Chile brought me a kit with a wooden yo-yo, cup and ball and a large finger top. Under the tree I did not have other spintop presents, but Beatriz says I should count the ones that arrived from Ebay last week ::) And of course, the large Chinese whiptop is on its way . . .

I did receive three wire and wood puzzles. So this morning I have been scratching my head instead of throwing tops . . .

EDIT: The forum also received a Christmas present, a special member who is a first for us . . .  :-X

EDIT 2: Pablo got the Fir-Flyz: the lights are bright but it doesn't seem to do the basic back-and-forth twisting as well as I remember from the traditional  buzzer toy. It may need more rim weight.
Oh, and Dale sent me a revolver yo-yo with taoist caps  :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 06:31:24 PM by ta0 »

czyoyo

• Ultrahero member
  • I am American but I live in Czech Republic.
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 08:40:51 AM »

:o I got a Giulia! :o It's my first S8 and it is AWESOME! :o

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:46 AM »

You are a lucky guy! I guess that Giulia will see action in 3 weeks at the European championships!

czyoyo

• Ultrahero member
  • I am American but I live in Czech Republic.
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 10:49:57 AM »

Yup ;)

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 01:01:17 AM »

I received several skill toys for my Birthday (12/19) and Christmas. I got a Black Giulia, an OWB tip for the Giulia, a Duncan Hayabusa, a YYF Whip, and a Kendama. I also received miscellaneous disc golf gear, not really skill toys, per se.

As I mentioned in my other post, playing my Giulia feels like cheating. Though, I do still find myself picking up my sodatop and my QSH just as frequently as the S8. I love trying to learn the nimble top tricks with my Neff Sodatop.

Regarding yoyos. I thought that I would enjoy offstring play, but meh. I am not having fun unless there is precession happening. The folks at Bird In Hand (Becky in particular) are trying to turn me into a 1A player, but I am not that interested. Too easy.  ;) In fact, I think looping tricks are more fun. I am not sure why string tricks are more popular. Anyone have an answer?

Finally, the Kendama. I love and hate that thing. It seems easy at first, but holy heck there are some hard tricks. I find that playing it a little before a spin top session helps my reflexes. I will keep you updated.