iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Do you ever have one of those days....  (Read 3572 times)

Jeromy K.

Do you ever have one of those days....
« on: September 18, 2009, 01:02:15 AM »

I was playing with my QS and missed a trapeze and hit the floor it rolled in to the wall and now the cap will not unscrew. Next was my Trompo Bearing  I was doing the same thing and caught it wrong ripped the tip out of it sliced the o-ring and flung the tip about 15 feet away. Ant finally my Blizzard missed a trapeze and it hit the floor broke the cap off. This was all over carpet and well away from walls, I use my church to practice in and if you go to the center of the room it is about 25 feet to each wall. So yah it was not a good day.  :'(

killswitch

Re: Do you ever have one of those days....
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 04:10:30 AM »

you spin top in a church??

Jeromy K.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 04:25:53 AM »

I am a youth minster, and our church was a large indoor swimming pool that was filled so we have a lot of space, we move the chairs out of the way for games on Thursday night. So I have a lot of space to practice top spinning and Diabolo throwing. I usually do it to think about things, it helps me relax as long as I don't break my toys. :P

killswitch

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 05:50:46 AM »

you diabolo? how about trying out yoyos? :)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 10:08:22 AM »

That was a bad day!

I also had the thread of a QS freeze and not want to unscrew. The first time it happened I could unscrew it with a lot of effort, but the second time it seemed impossible. It was sticking someone out but I could not even screw it back. It wanted to take it worlds as a backup, but I wanted to put a Trompo plastic cap on it. So I ended up sawing it off . . . which was a bad idea. It is now by my lathe, waiting until I have an idea of what to do with it.

I am curious, Jeromy, what exactly is your avatar?

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 11:35:21 AM »

I also had a QS with a fused cap.  I let someone check it out and they screwed it back together wrong.  I was worried that I would never get it apart (especially because it housed my good Alan G. modified tip), but with some patience, WW40, and hard work, I was able to get it apart with the threads intact.  I don't let anyone unscrew my QSs now.  I had already known that the threads were sensitive but I didn't notice the guy taking it apart.    This also happened to Alan at Worlds of  '08.  I will post a warning to others.

Jeromy K.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 11:39:08 AM »

Killswitch I do yo-yo also i started that a while ago now i do the three. I'm not the best but i enjoy it and that is all that matters.
 Ta0 my avatar is a drawing I found of a spin top done by a Russian I think? I think it shows the motion very well and it takes you a second to figure it out if you know what you are looking for. It does seem to be up side down.
Spin queen I didn't cross thread it I think hitting on  the floor misshaped it just enough to make it a problem. I'll be working on it today. I may just take the cap off of my Trompo and using that for now on.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 07:03:13 PM »

Hey Jeromy,  I throw tops in a lot of church buildings and their carpeted hallways.  Where are you located?  I'm in southwest Ohio.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Jeromy K.

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 09:14:31 PM »

In the Skill Toy (Yo-yo, Spin Top, Diabolo)desert of North Idaho Coeur d'Alene to be exact. My church is in Post falls about 12 miles away from where we live.