iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: spintop display case  (Read 4149 times)

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
spintop display case
« on: August 31, 2011, 02:25:40 AM »

got the wood suitcase from an antique shop, added the separations and a plastic glass....spent some time with scanning in lourens book ;)
all the tops have been home-made,partly during the last weeks at the squatt,partly in corsica this summer,with woods from the garden ,olive tree mostly but also 2 tops in mimosa wood(can you spot them?)

with Ludo we have a big event coming (17-18 sept):
 display of diabolos yoyos and tops in a park+workshops

we have 3 more suitcases  to finish

lourens credit appears printed in the middle of the photo

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Eric

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
    • Eric's Photo Website
Re: spintop display case
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 11:44:55 AM »

That looks very cool !!!
Well done Jim !!!!
To everything turn, turn, turn..................

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 02:19:51 PM »

Love the idea! It looks great!

The pictures will for sure create more interest in the tops. I bet the suitcase ends up empty  ;)

yollector

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 11:50:53 PM »

Beautiful !
I love it.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 12:02:02 AM »

Great work, Jim.  I am jealous of your creativity. 

Zeemo has done some good work with traveling cases, also.  Maybe someday he will post some shots of them?
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Lourens

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 12:09:37 PM »

Hello Jim,

Thanks very much for putting the credits on the picture! Hope that this and your wonderful case helps selling your tops very well! And otherwise: shall I sent you some flyers of my book to show your customers!!!
We are very busy with preparing a second edition of 150 pieces! And after 'that will be all folks!'
Next weekend we will welcome 60 visitors (artists, musicians and others) to visit our house, collection antique toys and off course collection spinning tops. The organizer Michael Fahres is an artist, composer and made in the past a cd with music of my humming tops. This year with humming tops, spinning tops and hobos. See for yourself at his website:
http://www.michael-fahres.com/html/fram2.html
Some of the music, sounds of the spinning tops are from the collection of Schoenhoff in Germany.

Have fun with the nice showcases and of course with your wonderful tops! hope a lot of people will enjoy them. Lourens.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 01:03:36 PM »

dear Lourens

i'm glad  you like the spintop case ; thanx for the news ....
so it's gonna be  "crossroads/path" at your house  next w-end !!
michael fahres seems like a very "inhabited" character

I hope everything gets well and full of gyro vibes 8)

jim

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »

Lourens, are there any changes or corrections to this 2nd edition?  Is it too late for suggestions?
How may books will have been printed in total between the first and second editions?

That is going to be a big party!  I thought Didier Malherbe was the only musician actively playing music with tops (e.g. Toupie Tambour) but now I have to add Michael Fahres to the list (there was also that orchestra playing with giant pump tops . . .)

Lourens

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 02:07:58 PM »

Hello Ta0,

I am happy you like the Michael Fahres -website. I will inform you in this forum, how the visit of the artists went and how it works having 60 people in my house!
Concerning the 2nd edition: indeed it is too late for changes because it is unbelievable expensive. It will at least double the price of the book.
And also: since the book was finished I have learned new things, saw new tops, added nice tops to my collection and met wonderful new people (also through your website) ... so the book will never be really finished because developments keep going on. The extra 100 books were printed because I have about 50 left from the first edition and there is still a lot of interest but 600 copies it definite it!
So may be there will be an other collector to make 'part two' of if I am old, wise and retired ... i will try! Lourens.