iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Hey everybody! Any Florida top throwers?  (Read 3875 times)

ShaunC

Hey everybody! Any Florida top throwers?
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:44:04 PM »

Hey boys and girls! I'm a new member, but long time lurker. I just wanted to say hello, and see if there are any Florida top players out there. I'm very new to tops, but I hung out quite a bit in the top room at the World Yo Yo Championships last year and had a blast. I'll be there again this year, but I'd love to meet any local players before then!

Shaun

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Hey everybody! Any Florida top throwers?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:14:07 PM »

Hey Shaun! Welcome as an active member!
Yes, there are top players in Florida! A couple in Orlando are on this board (pplgrande and his protege) and physboy2357 in Pensacola. I believe Matt Ritter and Lao Alavus are still in Tallahassee . . .

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 10:14:06 AM »

Hey Shaun.  Great to have you on board.  I remember you well at the world championships.  You might remember me as the big old guy with the white hair.....but not as good looking as Dick Stohr!

You might remember Sam, the pizza spinning man.  Well, he is more of a pizza spinning boy but he is growing up quickly.  He lives in Florida and spent a lot of time with the top spinners.  After a little research I found that he lives in Indialantic.  Here is a clip of him in action:
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 01:55:57 AM »

Welcome ShaunC
Yessir, I live in Orlando, I was at Worlds last year too, sorry not sure if I remember you, im sure if I see you i'll remember
I usually play with my homeboy, we feed of each others energy, it really helps us progress
Any time you want to hang out and play, im with it, im sure BucsFan (my friends forum name) is all about it too
Let us know and we can arrange something
where in florida are you from?

ShaunC

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 09:24:40 PM »

Thanks everybody!

Of course I remember you, Mike!  :) wasn't that your monkey slingshot we were shooting last year? I'm really looking forward to participating in some top throwing this coming year with you guys! I met Sam and his family last year, but haven't gotten a chance to really talk to them since then. I'm sure I'll see them all at Florida States this weekend. They live just a couple of miles from me, so there's really no excuse why we haven't hung out yet.

Pplgrande, I'm sure we saw each other last year. I'm the tattooed guy with glasses, and I was with my girlfriend. We were with Alex from Louisville (my original hometown). I moved to the Melbourne/Satellite Beach area about a year ago, but I go to Orlando quite a bit. We can definitely get together sometime. Do you guys yo-yo as well? That's my main thing, but I really want to progress with top throwing as well. It's definitely easier and more fun when you have people to learn with/from!

BucsFan

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 03:59:13 AM »

Yea I play all the time where in fl would love to play

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 03:15:53 AM »

Pplgrande, I'm sure we saw each other last year. I'm the tattooed guy with glasses, and I was with my girlfriend. We were with Alex from Louisville (my original hometown). I moved to the Melbourne/Satellite Beach area about a year ago, but I go to Orlando quite a bit. We can definitely get together sometime. Do you guys yo-yo as well? That's my main thing, but I really want to progress with top throwing as well. It's definitely easier and more fun when you have people to learn with/from!
I defenetly remember you now, Apex is good peoples
Anytime you want, just let me know and we can have some fun, as far as yo-yos go, I never played with one but I am interested, after last year at Worlds, I was amazed by what can be done with a yo-yo