iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ace of Cakes TV show and dreidels  (Read 2359 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Ace of Cakes TV show and dreidels
« on: November 28, 2010, 09:19:26 PM »

I don't know who all ever sees the show about those cake decorators who make fancy cakes.  The one I'm talking about is Ace of Cakes.  Just a few minutes ago the bald guy named Duff spun a dreidel and talked about how he was the champion back in the day.  He said he could get 12 spinning at the same time.  His other comment was that dreidels were great because they taught young Jewish children how to gamble!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Ace of Cakes TV show and dreidels
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 10:12:33 PM »

For a moment I thought you were going to say that they made a cake in the shape of a top. I guess if I ever get that kind of custom cake it will have to have to have pegtop on top! Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if silvertop has gotten one like that already.

I have been thinking in making a holiday decoration for my front yard in the shape of a giant top, like those that are very common these days in the shape of snowmen or santas. It would have a motor for rotating of course (probably just precession).  I guess the easiest would be of the wire frame type, with lights distributed on the wire, although the inflatable type may be better for a top. Alas, I didn't get to start on this long weekend, so I guess it will be another year . . .

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Re: Ace of Cakes TV show and dreidels
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 08:45:46 AM »

Yes, that wire lawn scupture of a top is what I would like.....except for my back yard!

And I, too, am certain that silvertop has already gotten a cake with a top on it.