iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: thread about the longest spinning top  (Read 37423 times)

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: thread about the longest spinning top
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2016, 08:50:42 PM »

I cheated.  I had a one way bearing.  Please do not think less of me, Jack! 

Matthew 7:1-3  ;) that being said though..........i may or may not be comin for your title sir  >:D

On the other hand, I like the potential exercise and smooth movement of the chongkakegoma.  I just went two minutes.  I enjoy the positive feelings from improvement.  No Guinness records for me....just going after some pr's.....personal records!

2 minutes is a pretty good run id say, i cant do that without huffing and puffing  :-[ (although i think the one ta0 so graciously sent me might be slightly larger than the one taka is selling  ??? )
im reaaaaly hoping yye might stock chonkakegomas  :'(

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2016, 05:17:28 PM »

Well, this is my 5,000th post.  I had been hoping for something significant to talk about on this milestone.  Today, I may have stumbled on it as I took out the chonkakegoma and started spinning and working on my consistency.  I had to move a couple times for the soccer camp coming through and I had to keep wiping my brow from all the sweat forming and getting in my way.  Yet, there must be something to be said about "getting in a groove" because when I dropped I was surprised to see my watch at 24 minutes and 29 seconds.  My second best run is still two minutes!!!

Maybe I am starting to like this type of top more and more.  Maybe next time I can be in an area with serious air conditioning?  Maybe Taka and Neff can give me some tips on better string as this one is now wet and sticky.

Oh, here is something else.  The meter on my phone shows that I went nearly 2,000 steps.  This just might be good exercise for an old man!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2016, 07:36:52 AM »

Yet, there must be something to be said about "getting in a groove" because when I dropped I was surprised to see my watch at 24 minutes and 29 seconds.

that's the way Mike !  ;) ;) BE GrOOvy ! after : all it's all in the groove////
BRAVO !

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Jack

• Demigod member
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2016, 10:06:42 AM »

Well, this is my 5,000th post.  I had been hoping for something significant to talk about on this milestone.  Today, I may have stumbled on it as I took out the chonkakegoma and started spinning and working on my consistency.  I had to move a couple times for the soccer camp coming through and I had to keep wiping my brow from all the sweat forming and getting in my way.  Yet, there must be something to be said about "getting in a groove" because when I dropped I was surprised to see my watch at 24 minutes and 29 seconds.  My second best run is still two minutes!!!

Maybe I am starting to like this type of top more and more.  Maybe next time I can be in an area with serious air conditioning?  Maybe Taka and Neff can give me some tips on better string as this one is now wet and sticky.

Oh, here is something else.  The meter on my phone shows that I went nearly 2,000 steps.  This just might be good exercise for an old man!!!

congratulations sir on both counts!!! good grief you are beast sir, 24 min with a chonkake!?!??!? ur arms are probably destroyed tday  ;D
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up