iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Chipotle top spinning and the Mexican connection!  (Read 3568 times)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
Chipotle top spinning and the Mexican connection!
« on: August 01, 2009, 10:40:47 PM »

A friend I met at Chipotle is a guy by the name of Juan Carlos (from Mexico).  He often walks by me as he cleans up the tables and wipes down the counters.  One day he saw my top and he began talking to me every visit about top spinning and helping me count down the days to the world championships.  Today I went to Chipotle and he brought over a woman who works at Chipotle.  Juan said "she does not believe you throw the trompo".  I got out my top and did some tricks and put the top in her hand.  She showed she could keep it going in her hand and then placed it in her other hand, also adjusting it there to keep it spinning upright.  I said something about her throwing a lot of tops growing up and she nodded.  When I asked her where she grew up she said "Puebla".

I love meeting other top spinners!  Jorge, I see where Puebla is near Monterrey and not that far from you!!!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Chipotle top spinning and the Mexican connection!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 11:08:22 PM »

That's a nice story, Mike, thanks. But you should look the map again. Puebla is south of Mexico City. It is closer for you to visit Justin in Montreal, Canada, than for me to go to Puebla, Mexico (and the border crossing probably faster). Actually, I was once there for a few hours. But I couldn't stay: it is known as the city of 1000 churches  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 02:50:34 PM by ta0 »

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 12:17:34 AM »

Only one thing, Ta0. Puebla is not at the south of here, but to the east.
I was there on november 2005 and it`s a nice city. You are right, it`s got a lot of churches.

and Mike..yes..ta0 is right. Puebla is not at all near from Monterrey. One thing is to see the map..but..really..it`s a very long distance.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 12:38:00 AM by ta0 »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 03:02:20 PM »

I feel kind of stupid about Puebla.....but I really did check it out on google!  In fact, I just looked there again and it took me to Puebla, COAH (again, near Monterrey).  Are there two Pueblas?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 03:29:59 PM »

No, Google has a big blooper there. I just checked and zoomed the map for the location Google gives for Puebla and there is . . .  nothing! Not your fault.

Anyway, it is on the way from Mexico City (Salvador, Gustavo) to Xalapa - Veracruz (Gerardo) so easy to include in a Mexico-Top-Tour 2010  ;)

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 05:00:08 PM »

Yea!!!  I am not totally stupid.......only partially!  Hmmm, a Mexico top tour?  Sounds fascinating.