iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How To: Electric Spider  (Read 3673 times)

RunBMC

How To: Electric Spider
« on: August 14, 2010, 01:54:40 PM »

Ok, I was wondering about the electric spider. I have absolutely no idea of what this looks like, so a video would be appreciated. Although I was reading aràcnoctambulo's and he said perhaps this trick, I believe, would be easier for a left handed person, so i'll give this trick a shot.
Every jam we play, we break two needles
There's three of us but we're not the Beatles
My name is Beau, you can call him B
You can call me Beau Matt Compt, or you can call him BMC
People always ask, "BMC, what does it mean?"
Well I just told you.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: How To: Electric Spider
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 06:17:03 PM »

Salvador named one trick Electric Spiderweb but then changed its name to Fishing Spiders and called a more difficult trick by that name. Unfortunately, the video he uploaded is lost (well, pulp probably has it . . .) But in Miamisburg I can teach you the variation on the theme that I developed trying to figure out those tricks, and it is actually easier: Spinning Spiders! You can see the forum thread with a video here Arachnophilia

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:20:29 PM by ta0 »

RunBMC

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 07:48:47 PM »

You are awesome ta0!

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 11:03:02 PM »

I had to watch it again just for the ending ;)
Erratic Wobbler

RunBMC

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 07:09:51 PM »

Can you write a tutorial, it still seems confusing to me.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 07:18:41 PM by RunBMC »

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 07:48:36 PM »

Well, Runbmc, the total explanation of this trick in english is almost imposible to me, because the words I must use to explein in detail I don´t know them, so, I will write in spanish, and possibily ta0 or PPlGrande could translate to you.

dado que yo soy naturalmente derecho, la forma más fácil, natural e idónea de hacer este truco es como lo hace Jorge en su video.
ta0 hace una variación del truco que se llama en español "Araña Pescadora" en el cual, yo lo hago sosteniendo el aro que usamos siempre aquí en México para jugar. El efecto de este truco como yo lo hago, se ve muy diferente a como Jorge lo hace, ya que allá casi nunca, o nunca, creo, usan el aro. Como tú, Runbmc, eres zurdo, debes hacer este truco, la "araña pescadora" al revés, porque como el trompo te gira al contrario, debes hacerlo en la forma en que yo hago las "telarañas eléctricas". Al ser zurdo, harás la araña pescadora en forma de telaraña eléctrica. Y viceversa.
Al ser zurdo, te será más fácil subir tu brazo y mano derecha, y lazarlo con la izquierda. A los que te vean, y sean derechos,les parecerá que haces la "telaraña eléctrica" pero en realidad, estarás haciendo, la versión zurda, de la "araña pescadora".

Como zurdo, te será, muy, pero muy difícil, (no sólo para ti, para cualquiera, sea derecho o zurdo) hacer la "telaraña eléctrica",
éste truco, el cual puedes verlo en mi canal de youtube, yo, al ser derecho, lo hago ....subiendo el trompo con mi brazo derecho, ACOMODÄNDOLO CON MIS DEDOS DE LA MANO DERECHA, y lazando con la mano izquierda.
Este truco la "telaraña eléctrica" tú, al ser zurdo, lo debes hacer, subiendo tu mano y brazo izquierdo, y acomodando la cuerda con tus dedos de tu mano izquierda, y lazando el trompo con la mano derecha. La gente que sea derecha y que te observe pensará que haces la "araña pescadora" pero en realidad, estarás haciendo la versión zurda de la "telaraña eléctrica"
Espero que esta explicación (con su futura traducción) te sea de ayuda.

RunBMC

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 10:45:55 PM »

Im using a website translator, does this look right ta0 or pplgrande?

''It given that I am naturally right, the easiest, natural and suitable form to do this trick is like does it Jorge in its video.  Ta0 does a variation of the trick that in Spanish is called "Spider Fisherwoman" in which, I cause I maintaining it the hoop that use always here in Mexico to play.  The effect of this trick as I do it, is seen very different to like Jorge does it, since there almost never, or never, I believe, they use the hoop.  As you, Runbmc, you are left-handed, should do this trick, the "spider fisherwoman" upside down, because as the top revolves you to the contrary, should do it in the form in which I do the "electric webs".  Upon being left-handed, you will do the spider fisherwoman in the shape of electric web.  And vice versa.  Upon being left-handed, will be you easier to rise your arm and right hand, and to lasso it with the left.  To the ones that they see you, and be rights, will seem them that you do the "electric web" but in reality, will be doing, the version left, of the "spider fisherwoman". 

As left-handed, it will be you, very, but very difficult, (not only for you, for any, be right or left-handed) to do the "electric web", this trick, which you can see it in my channel of youtube, I, upon being right, I do it ....subiendo the top with my right arm, ACOMODÄNDOLO WITH MY FINGERS OF THE RIGHT HAND, and lassoing with the left hand.  This trick the "electric web" you, upon being left-handed, you should do it, rising your hand and left arm, and accommodating the cord with your fingers of your left hand, and lassoing the top with the right hand.  The people that be right and that observe will think you that you do the "spider fisherwoman" but in reality, will be doing the version left of the "electric web" I Expect that this explanation (with its future translation) be you of aid.''

and by the way ara, what is your channel name i cant find one with the name ''aracnoctambulo''
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 10:53:13 PM by RunBMC »

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 05:49:32 AM »

Im using a website translator, does this look right ta0 or pplgrande?

Thats a rough translation, you might still get the idea, its pretty late right now, but I'll translate it for you as soon as I can

His channel on you tube is El Gran Big Bang Mexicano de Cuerdas del Trompo, but here is a link