iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Reviews of Giulia...  (Read 12050 times)

WretchedRapture

Re: Reviews of Giulia...
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 01:06:45 AM »

Where can i order a side effect?

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 01:17:30 AM »

Greaves -
I've handled a couple dozen of these, and none of them are out of balance one bit, I'm thinking we have a user error here, unless you actually have a wobble? If you flick the tip with your fingers and it spins for a bit, there is nothing wrong with the bearings.  Bearing tops don't correct themselves on the floor like fixed tips, because the tip is perfectly happy staying in one spot, the gyroscopic energy can't work itself out.

Greaves504

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 03:09:16 AM »

I'm sure I'll figure it out. I took the tip off to see if there were anything that might've gotten in the bearings just in case, but I'm glad it's me and not the top. That was my only worry. Thanks for the tips. The tip spins fine, I'll just have to work at it or switch to fixed mode.

oh yeah, i think there was some sort of small bug that got caught in the bearing a little or something. found bits and pieces of one I couldn't recognize inside all shredded. All cleaned now ;D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 03:20:00 AM by Greaves504 »

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 04:39:59 AM »

hi all

got my giulia today

plays so smoooothh !
good jumbo size ...light , considering the chubby curve
tip very sharp , i'm gonna ink it to make a tattoo ;D ;D
spins forever, very present in hand, even near extinction
the 174 cm string suits me perfectly
button is nice too

thanx a lot maurizio
with ettore : you rule the world of innovative creators .
 the italian touch , for sure !

ciao

jim
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 12:23:49 AM by ta0 »
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 08:01:50 AM »

WretchedRapture,
You can try to send a PM to MrYo, and I have also noticed that Euro-Yo is selling them (not many left)
http://www.euro-yo.com/acatalog/Spin_Tops.html

Myk_Myk

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 11:12:41 PM »

Sweet! I haven't been on here in quite a while. I was wondering if there were any exciting new tops available.

I just ordered the Enzo from euro-yo.com! Hurt my pocket, but I haven't bought a serious top in a long while.

I'm giddy with anticipation!

Maurizio, what's the possibility of getting a double tipped one? I just really prefer them, and my YYJs are constantly diminishing...

Tomymoonly

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 09:13:51 AM »

I love so much Strummol8 that i just get the first run... it was hard to fin, but i finnaly got it brand new ^^

now My secon giulia is on the way to arrive : got a little special project for here ^^;) i ll let you poste here.

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 03:55:30 PM »

Sweet! I haven't been on here in quite a while. I was wondering if there were any exciting new tops available.

I just ordered the Enzo from euro-yo.com! Hurt my pocket, but I haven't bought a serious top in a long while.

I'm giddy with anticipation!

Maurizio, what's the possibility of getting a double tipped one? I just really prefer them, and my YYJs are constantly diminishing...

See the post i will make, named "And now, what next?"  :-)

Maurizio

alfredomascali

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2010, 08:23:31 AM »

Played my giulia first time today and... wow! This thing is smooth, spins forever and is really beautiful. Tried fixed bearing and ball bearing and both are great. I couldnt get a good boomerang with the stock string, so picked one of mine with excellent results.

I think I will set it up as fixed tip to learn some more tricks next months.

Thanks Maurizio for such an amazing spintop!

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2010, 08:36:20 PM »

I couldnt get a good boomerang with the stock string, so picked one of mine with excellent results.
Interesting - curious - is your string thicker than the stock string?  I really like the string it comes with, but with fatter string you can throw it a little faster.

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010, 10:43:12 PM »

but with fatter string you can throw it a little faster.
[/quote]

Now you have me confused.  Did you change the length of the string?  It would seem that a fatter string means fewer wraps and less speed.  Thiner string means more wraps and more speed.  Or is this also counter intuitive?
Practice hard and play safe.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2010, 11:27:52 PM »

There may be exceptions, but it's been my experience that you can throw fatter string harder... actually, pull back harder.  Try it with a sidewinder - thin string and then grande string (tie up the grande string to make it a little shorter). Thin string means longer string which means more revolutions in the throw, but you just can't throw it as hard.  Fat string means shorter sting and less revolutions, but you can throw it much harder.  I don't know which way actually spins faster... yet :)

If it doesn't work I'm sure I can work up an example for you to feel it while we're at Nationals.

Some tops with long strings you can throw hard, like Columbian tops.

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2010, 02:16:26 AM »

I couldnt get a good boomerang with the stock string, so picked one of mine with excellent results.
Interesting - curious - is your string thicker than the stock string?  I really like the string it comes with, but with fatter string you can throw it a little faster.

Now I am passing my vacation, so that I cannot to upload videos. That is because I meet with Alfredo Mascaly to give him his giulia Maurizio sent together with mine.

I take some video shots, so that the trowing-collapsing failure will be better explained.

I do sometimes the same bad trowing. If I toss so hard the hard collapsed easily and the throw is a disaster. However with the trompo grande string is more easy to throw the guilia.

The thickness of RC-BK string would be ok, but the string is so soft, but I prefer it to play with strummol8 tops.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

alfredomascali

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2010, 06:57:11 AM »

Now I am passing my vacation, so that I cannot to upload videos. That is because I meet with Alfredo Mascaly to give him his giulia Maurizio sent together with mine.

I take some video shots, so that the trowing-collapsing failure will be better explained.

I do sometimes the same bad trowing. If I toss so hard the hard collapsed easily and the throw is a disaster. However with the trompo grande string is more easy to throw the guilia.

The thickness of RC-BK string would be ok, but the string is so soft, but I prefer it to play with strummol8 tops.

Exactly that is what happened... the string was too thin to me and it collapsed while I tried to throw. With a trompo grande string it was better to me, and after 15 minutes got good boomerangs easily. That is not a problem of the string, more a skill problem. I saw Pulp throw with the thin string and he has no problems at all.

Also, when focused by a camera my low skills turn even worse...  :P

By the way, tried the Giulia today with duncan string and it's good, maybe I like it even more than spintastics one.

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2010, 05:48:55 PM »

Checking all te takes cannot find the bad throws, may be were done on the testing ones Alf throwed before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib8QncIDxCo