iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A loss and a gain.  (Read 3506 times)

Greaves504

• Gold Member
A loss and a gain.
« on: August 10, 2010, 08:45:43 PM »

I've had started taking my favorite top, a green Colors: Lucky, everywhere with me to practice. I made the mistake of bringing it to my girlfriend's house. Her 9yr old niece is one of the cutest little girls I've ever seen. As you can probably guess, I left their house that day without Lucky  :'(. I have hopes that it'll be in good hands.

The loss: a top

The gain: maybe a future spinner. I might not be the only spinner on Guam for long. She's picking it up alright. I only taught her the basic spinner for now. I hear she's trying to do a trapeze she saw me doing.

Tomymoonly

• Gold Member
Re: A loss and a gain.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 08:50:29 PM »

lol don't tell me she is able to boomerang ><

Greaves504

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 08:53:22 PM »

haha not yet, but I'm gonna teach her once she can throw a spinner to land straight up from the start.

Tomymoonly

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 08:57:36 PM »

^^ something strange that jump me to the eyes, kids are more impressed by tops than by yoyo, i made tops in a big big park, with friends that were making yoyos, and all the kids was cercling me

My opignion is they prefere it cause they can ask you to put the top in there hands and they like to look at it spining in there hands ^^ i like the ways kids enjoy the tops ;)

nice to make a new addict ^^

RunBMC

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 09:06:17 PM »

Well, I think it would attract kids because they like it spinning in their hands ^^ and that it is so unusual and I think every kid in the world has seen a yoyo so that like to see something different.
Every jam we play, we break two needles
There's three of us but we're not the Beatles
My name is Beau, you can call him B
You can call me Beau Matt Compt, or you can call him BMC
People always ask, "BMC, what does it mean?"
Well I just told you.

John Buechele

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 09:08:57 PM »

Yes I too have noticed kids interest in tops. The most astounding thing I have found is that when they watch me do tricks like wirewalker or corkscrew or multiple rollercoasters, inevitably they always ask to just watch the top spin on the ground.

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 09:48:27 PM »

Nice work Greaves.  It's up to us to help get tops into the hands of kids.
Erratic Wobbler

Dick Stohr

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 09:51:20 PM »

It is kind of like when you are doing neat yo-yo tricks and someone will ask for walk the dog.

If I am visiting my three granddaughters and a top finds its way out of my pocket, they stop what ever they are doing and automatically line up with their hand out
Practice hard and play safe.

Greaves504

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 08:34:35 AM »

Hopefully she'll get into it and have a nice little hobby. If not, I think her uncle (my girlfriend's brother) will be more than happy to take it off her hands and give it a shot. If they both do, I think I can bring myself to part with another top. Hopefully I'll have one remaining top by then (strummol8) when it arrives

popdada

• yes...its me...
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 04:51:48 PM »

^^ something strange that jump me to the eyes, kids are more impressed by tops than by yoyo, i made tops in a big big park, with friends that were making yoyos, and all the kids was cercling me

My opignion is they prefere it cause they can ask you to put the top in there hands and they like to look at it spining in there hands ^^ i like the ways kids enjoy the tops ;)

nice to make a new addict ^^

I throw both tops and yoyo's and I feel like when I land a trick with my top it's a greater rush for me...it just seems cooler...so maybe it's just the look on my face...but my kids always like to see me throw a top over a yoyo