iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Progress!  (Read 2378 times)

WretchedRapture

Progress!
« on: August 03, 2010, 09:47:13 PM »

Well after about a week of steady practice, I believe i've found my "sweet spot" for throwing boomerangs. I've been able to throw my Duncan Imperial much faster, which seems to make it a lot easier to catch and maintain. I've also tried throwing it around from hand to hand to get more comfortable with it. I also was able to perform my first Skyrocket today, which i thought was neat! I still haven't been able to get the top on the string, but I know I still have a lot to learn and have fun with :D Any suggestions on what to work on next?

PS. I'm still waiting on my Spintastics Sidewinder & Blizzard, which should be here any day now.  ;D

Greaves504

• Gold Member
Re: Progress!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 10:54:28 PM »

hey man, congrats. it's a great feeling when you finally nail down a trick. maybe you should try wirewalker or even trapeze. there's a couple of previous posts somewhere on this board where people give a few good tips and stuff about the two. either way good luck  ;D

I hate waiting for tops to arrive. It takes a while to get to where I live. i feel like i'm opening a christmas present when I open the box though  :)

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 11:32:01 PM »

Congratulations on your progress WretchedRapture
Boomerang its the beggining of all tricks, I agree that wirewalker could be your next step, or you can try a merry go round
Waiting for tops its the worst, but there is a great pleasure in getting a new box in the mail, even if you already know what's in it, I really enjoy that ;D

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 12:16:26 AM »

Yup, the lighter the top the harder you can throw it.  Ease up just a little for your sidewinder and blizzard at first, and start thinking of a place to put your imperial for a while... a long while perhaps :)