iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cuba "World" spintop contest and the great Cautin  (Read 3538 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Cuba "World" spintop contest and the great Cautin
« on: July 24, 2010, 10:38:21 AM »

Here is a surprising video that mentions a 2009 "world" contest in Cuba: semi-finals in Varadero and finals in Havana (Habana) :o  It shows trophy tops and says some are (plated in) 24 kt gold!  It also says: 7 gold tops to Mexicans, 5 silver tops to the Colombians and 10 bronze tops to third places  ???. Was it a team competition? Between Cometa demonstrators? Anyway, I would have had "visa" problems to participate (not to get to Cuba but when returning to the USA). Puma: you need to organize a world contest in Dominican Republic, a neutral country!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsYExchVOlw

What do you think about the spintop belt? Imagine freestyling with one of those  ;D  I want one!

Luis Alonso Cautín is all a character. See how a true spintop champion rides in style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHAqJBPbOPc

or how he is  adored by his fans.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 03:11:08 PM by ta0 »

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Cuba "World" spintop contest and the great Cautin
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 03:02:52 PM »

'Luis Alonso Cautín is all a character. See how a true spintop champion rides in style:'

He's also a pretty spiffy dresser!

From the linked video, I'd sure like to get one of those posters.

Puma

• Puma is topspinning!!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 08:07:54 PM »

I am agree, I had have this idea for along time ago, but since I am the only one person I know who practice skilltoys in the Dominican Republic maybe I have to meet with some guys like cometa team or trompos space team or duncan team or spintastic or whatever, so they promote a tour here, once I contacted trompos cometa because I wanted to buy a trompo from them , and they answer that they will be soon in my country, as I am not team of any one I will need sponsors to do the the "great spintop challenge" that`s the name that comes to my mind when I think about it, it could be on fall so it does not interrup with worlds at florida, we could make it in a hotel , maybe in punta cana, and players with visa problems like myself, from cuba, colombia and mexico and the rest of the world can participate, they could be prizes, contest and exhibition and spinningtop lessons also!!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 08:10:19 PM by Puma »
_________                    
\______   \___  ____  _____  
 |     ___/  |   \/      \\__    \ 
 |     |   |   |    /  Y Y  \/  /\ \_
 |___|   |____/|__|__|  (____/

silvertop

• ITSA Honor
  • Don Olney does his top show in Upstate New York
    • Toy Designer and Spinning Top Collector
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 09:25:02 PM »

Love the videos and the "slow" wire walker!
Don Olney
1237 E. Main St.
Rochester, NY 14609
topman@rochester.rr.com

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 04:09:30 AM »

To be a real "World" champion, the information about it must be accesible for everybody. But it doesn't.

The next days of my vacations, I am going to the cuba embassy to request information about that. But if I see a long file of people for burocracy I'll get back to home and will play hard toboganes.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 04:30:05 AM »

Those trophies are very nice
And that's a funny video and I have to admit, I seen it before and learned how to do "speedy gonzalez", which was a great help to also learn "carretera" or interstate or "el mejor truco" later on
I really enjoy watching and learning from all this videos
Thanks for posting