iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What does Tab stand for? (quiz)  (Read 3008 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
What does Tab stand for? (quiz)
« on: July 08, 2010, 11:15:59 PM »

In the spirit of the world cup I have a little quiz about US soccer (and I was the one who did not want to have a NSTR section  :-[ ). Tab Ramos was a captain of the US soccer team, competed in 3 world cups and was the first player drafted by a MLS team.  No, his parents did not named him after a soft drink, but Tab is an abbreviation of his real name. What is his full first name?

pplgrande

• Superhero member
Re: What does Tab stand for? (quiz)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 11:23:28 PM »

Tabaré Ramos Ricciardi

That was to easy ta0

Tabaré Ramos Ricciardi, known as Tab Ramos (born September 21, 1966 in Montevideo, Uruguay) is a retired U.S. Olympic Team and National Team soccer midfielder. He played professionally for 13 seasons in Spain, Mexico and the United States. Ramos was the first player to sign with Major League Soccer, where he played seven years with the MetroStars. Now a member of the National Soccer Hall of Fame.
Very interesting though

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 11:51:50 PM »

Wow, that was fast!

There are only two or three first (given) names that are uniquely Uruguayan. One is Tabaré. The previous Uruguayan president was called Tabaré. It is the equivalent to a Mexican been named Cuauhtémoc. 

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 07:46:42 AM »

Go Tab.  I knew nothing about any of that.  Good information.  Now, if only Lebron was staying in Cleveland!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 07:54:00 AM »

By the subject I thought it was just about the soft drink and my guess would have been; Totally Arbitrary Beverage

MatiasStuntMan

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 01:32:29 PM »

That is an interesting subject about the origin of names. In Colombia there was a very popular name "Nel", we even had a president called Pedro Nel Gomez. The name's origin is very funny, during an excavation in a roman city they found the word Nel in one of the temples, and they thought that it was the name of a newly discovered emperor, so some people wanted to name their kids with the new emperor's name, they wanted to be the first ones using it, after a while and after many kids bearing the name Nel, they keep digging and found more letters to then realize that the real name was Cornelius, even after that some people kept naming their kids Nel.