iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New Strummol8  (Read 5132 times)

SpinLynn

Re: New Strummol8
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2017, 09:41:33 AM »

Thank you. That's helpful. I will be at the Cleveland juggling  festival this weekend. YoYoSam will have tops. If I'm lucky someone will have some I can try.

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 11:59:05 PM »

I really enjoy the 2.5. For me, it seems to have tons of power and stability and just sticks landings like a boss. Never gives me any problems that I don't cause for myself. However, I am not trying to learn Lasso from hand with this top, I'm using the QSH and Gulia for that. I will second what Jack says about the 2.5 being a heavy top. It does feel heavy in the hand and it does feel heavy in play. I happen to currently like that.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind picking up a second STB 2.0 and 2.5 if I have the opportunity to do so.

Currently of my Strummol8's, my first Gulia and Sophia consistently log the most play time of all my tops. I have two of each. I think I don't want to play the 2nd ones right now to keep them all "shiny and new", but that can't last forever!
Chris Pickett, owner of Studio42 - Live Sound Production
http://www.studio42.com - Official Sound Production for CalStates  & BAC 2012-2017 and BEYOND!
Sound Provider for US National YoYoContest 2016
Cell/Text: 916-601-7089

Texaspin

New Top models and caps, tips Etc...
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2017, 10:42:31 PM »

Hello. I'm new to the board/community and wanted to know if board members get a heads up when new tops or accessories are avaliable to purchase. Not really looking for special treatment pricing just a chance to order early or reserve.

Thanks to all,

Jonathan
"Conservation of Angular Momentum"

Jack

• Demigod member
Re: New Top models and caps, tips Etc...
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2017, 12:06:39 AM »

Hello. I'm new to the board/community and wanted to know if board members get a heads up when new tops or accessories are avaliable to purchase. Not really looking for special treatment pricing just a chance to order early or reserve.

Thanks to all,

Jonathan

welcome home sir @-@

to answer your question: not really  ;D sometimes we know before a product is released but Tops arent exactly being designed and released as often as with yoyos for instance  :(

studio42

• Studio42 - Professional Audio Services
Re: New Top models and caps, tips Etc...
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2017, 03:50:23 PM »

Thanks to all,

Jonathan

Your best bet is to follow some of the bigger stores that carry spin tops, such as YoYoExpert and YoYoSam, which I know both carry Strummol8. I think YoYoPlay is carrying the Spintastics stuff. Like and follow their Facebook pages

Other than that, this is probably the best place to follow. Most of the companies that make the good stuff(like Strummol8 and Spintastics) post when they have something, or even deals/sales. Members who find deals are quick to snatch up a top or two(or dozen) and then tell the rest of us where to go to go get some tops as well.

butterfingers

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2017, 06:07:32 PM »

Thank you. That's helpful. I will be at the Cleveland juggling  festival this weekend. YoYoSam will have tops. If I'm lucky someone will have some I can try.

How was the festival? Any luck test driving Strummol8 tops?