iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Duncan question  (Read 2383 times)

Java

Duncan question
« on: June 26, 2010, 10:06:49 PM »

Hey, y'all. I'm a big Ripcord fan. I know, I know, the tip isn't great, and the cap has to be taped, and all that, but I just love the things. Not too big, not too small, and I like the shape a lot. Anyway, lately the sources I've bought them from all seem to be out of them. I know with their yoyos Duncan seems to wait until they have a bunch of orders (the shops are all running out of them) then they make a batch, and suddenly everyone has them in stock again. I also know that a few months before I started top spinning again, they quit making the BK, which shared the same mold. So my question, for some of you that seem to always be "in the know" is, should I just be calm and wait, or should I panic and search out and buy up all the RCs I'm ever going to need?

Have Fun,
Tom

Neff

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
Re: Duncan question
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 10:13:45 PM »

To quote my favorite movie, "DON'T PANIC."  ;D

Java

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 10:22:53 PM »

If I'm thinking of the right one, I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've read the book. I don't go anywhere without my towel. (and a Ripcord)

Have Fun,
Tom

Neff

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 12:33:00 AM »

Ha!  Yeah, that's the one.   I should have said book, movie's good, but the book(s) rock!    So, more direcly, no need to buy every RC you find, there will be more.

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 01:33:48 AM »

RC's are probably the easiest trompo to find, (aside from the imperial), you can go on ebay and they always seem to have them

Romano911

• ITSA Jr.
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 09:08:28 PM »

Tom,

I understood (hopefully correctly) from Jack Ringca at the IYYO event last summer in New York that Duncan was planning on continuing to produce the BK and RC tops.  He was not able to give an estimated time frame for any new batches of BK's though.

Good things are often worth the wait  :)