iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Futbol top  (Read 5510 times)

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
Futbol top
« on: June 26, 2010, 09:36:25 PM »

Next time I'm with one of you lefties, I want to play Futbol whitcha...

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
Re: Futbol top
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 09:44:39 PM »

I've seen the videos, next Flatland we'll play.

rick the lefty

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 01:39:44 AM »

Can you actually spin that Neff?, and if you can, is one side fixed tip and the other bearing?
That makes my mind wonder

SpinQueen

• Superhero member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 02:01:13 AM »

"Football top" is what I call my top that I made from an old twin spin that came from an old Duncan recreation kit.  It has the UFO tips.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 02:27:59 AM »

That looks more like American football: from the title I was expecting something with hexagons and pentagons  ;)

I made the double tip top on the left of the picture with two YYJ bulldogs bodies years ago. Unfortunately, I have not done much with it. Initially it had fixed tips but currently I have it with bearings.

By the way, the idea of modding the HP with a bulldog cap originated when my son Diego picked up one of the bulldog caps left over and showed me how it fitted the HP.

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 08:10:14 AM »

Just this week Aaron and Tai-Min were passing a normal top and Bryan (a lefty) got jealous enough to practice righty RCS, but until he gets better at righty play here is our version.

Since this was just made yesterday, Bryan hasn't seen it so I think I'll not show it to him as a test to see how often and carefully he is reading this board. :-X ;)

It has both tips fixed, and I use a standard string (with the knot anchored at the 'extra' tip) but throw it underhand.  It works quite well for the standard tricks that I can normally do.  When doing Joker Chokers, I have to remember which color I'm playing so I make the proper catch.  One thing I've tried and have not made work is a wirewalker on the opposite tip (normal tip wirewalker is fine).  I just push the top off my hand with the string when trying to loop the upper tip.  Maybe 'Zorro' can do it. :)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 09:32:22 AM »

That top looks that it would work better than a dual bulldog or BK, not being so tall. It also looks very sleek, like it could come from YYF, no recycled look whatsoever.

I just push the top off my hand with the string when trying to loop the upper tip.
Do you mean a hanging wire-walker = monkey bars?

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 10:27:59 AM »

no recycled look whatsoever.

Spinning combined with bad photography can hide a lot of defects, ;) but those two bodies are pretty nice.

Do you mean a hanging wire-walker = monkey bars?

Another thing I tried a bit was a wire-walker hanging from the knob (monkey bars?). Although I did not get it clean, it does work.

Apparently yes, I guess I need to read the board more carefully. :-[

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 01:33:49 PM »

über cool !
i really like those dual tip tops
i did one trick in a tv show, skywalker i think
here's the link

as for playing , i was born a goofy but got trained to use my right hand for writing ...now ...i'm super clumsy with my left hand ....

jim

"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 01:40:40 PM »

I don't think I've ever heard of left-handed being called 'goofy'  ???  It made me smile. 

Thanks for posting the video. Nice futbol work.

Java

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 08:54:16 PM »

I don't know what else it applies to, but............ most people surf with their left foot forward, facing the right side of the board. Since the '60s anyone (like me) that surfs "left handed" with their right foot forward is called a "goofy foot".

Have Fun,
Tom

Daveid

• ITSA Jr.
  • pinwheels
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 10:01:44 PM »

i've done that... did not like the way it played, top-heavy made it fast precessing and difficult to get non horizontal... i wonder if a heavy weight ring in the middle would make it play more normal...   'don't know why i'm talking, only did it once or twice...
like I always say:dead monkeys don't fly on sticks.

hemingsoft

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 01:36:31 PM »

Since this was just made yesterday, Bryan hasn't seen it so I think I'll not show it to him as a test to see how often and carefully he is reading this board. :-X ;)

So I guess I knew this top was made, John.  It spins very nice and passing is still in progress.  I was wondering if anyone has advice on how to switch from a righty spin to a lefty spin in the middle of RCs
"Could switching to GEICO really save you 15 percent or more on car insurance?"

...Is a top in the hand worth two on the floor?

agentsac

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 01:57:48 PM »

nice trophy.  ;)

RunBMC

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 09:46:50 AM »

"goofy" Is used a lot in skateboards also and possibly originated from it, I'm quite used to goofy, as I'm goofy also ;D. (I didn't know you could be born goofy and live regular, I wish I would've chosen that path, I much rather be right although I like the uniqueness in it  ;) )
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 09:57:00 PM by runBMC »
Every jam we play, we break two needles
There's three of us but we're not the Beatles
My name is Beau, you can call him B
You can call me Beau Matt Compt, or you can call him BMC
People always ask, "BMC, what does it mean?"
Well I just told you.