iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: String wth foot powder  (Read 2627 times)

MatiasStuntMan

String wth foot powder
« on: June 14, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »

With this humid weather I struggle a lot with sticky strings, so I decided to use feet powder on the string, I used the old "Extra strength gold bond" my logic was if it helps dry my feet it will help dry my hands, my only concern was to have a very slippery string that will not regenerate, for my surprise it was the completely opposite; the powder gives the string super extra grip!!! You can feel the string grinding against the tip and speeding up the top, it is amazing!!! It slightly helped on the sticky part but now I have an extra grip cord with a nice minty scent!!!
Not good for wirewalkers but great for regenerations ;)

pplgrande

• Superhero member
Re: String wth foot powder
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 11:08:24 PM »

Thats a great idea MatiasStuntMan, im defenetly gonna try this
Thanks

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 11:04:05 AM »

Excellent research StuntMan.  I've been experimenting on this topic also.  I intentionally practice outside when it is humid and windy, be ready for anything, ya know?  My disc golf talc bag helps, and I have a white nylon glove I ordered from yo yo nation, that works pretty well.  Something I've tried recently is different string.  I haven't used my bamboo thread for a while, so I twisted some string up 75% bamboo and 25% polyester really tight (2 size 10 bamboo crochet thread, 2 polyester sewing thread).  The result is very similar to StuntMan's Gold Bond method; doesn't wirewalk as well but regenerates just fine.  It does play in the humidity much better than cotton.

We need to start a care package for Mike's next trip into temperate climates.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 01:10:23 PM »

You are right, Neff.  Humid and warm weather is tough on my spinning and tough on my body.  I think my next top adventure will be to a cooler climate.....like up north where Jim Schreiber spent so many years at his beloved camp!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 11:17:01 PM »

I am really wanting string and rope that would work well at the beach.