iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2024 World Contest planning  (Read 464 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
2024 World Contest planning
« on: February 21, 2024, 12:13:29 AM »

We are going to have again an online international contest and later the in-person world contest. The later will probably be the third weekend of October in a location to be announced soon.
The goal is for the online contest to seed the in-person contest and give some help to attend it.

What would be a good time to have the online contest? I'm thinking May or June. What do you think?

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
Re: 2024 World Contest planning
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 09:56:29 AM »

I'm so glad to hear the news of the next world contest! I will participate in the in-person contest but perhaps I may not be able to go there because of searching a job or  studying for the entrance exam for graduate school.

In my opinion, as a student, May or June is good for Japanese competitors. Many of them are students. They normally have exams in the end of May and June, so the beginning of June is better I think.
The online contest will be a big chance to go to the in-person world contest.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 01:08:59 AM »

agreed
June seems a good choice for the video contest

before we need to organise the "raffle"
probably round  mid-April to May

stay tuned  8) 8)
jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

Mark Leithead

• ITSA
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 11:09:20 AM »

Hi Jorge  :D

What would be a good time to have the online contest? I'm thinking May or June. What do you think?

May or June works well for me. Thanks for running this again and I am looking forward to competing. Any time in the late spring to summer in the Northern Hemisphere works well for me as I can film outside :)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 03:52:31 PM »

The in-person contest will most likely take place in Mallorca, Spain, on October 18th. That's the Friday before annual Baldufa Festival.
The venue will be the same as last year's festival, the Cloister of St. Domingo in the town of Pollença, on the north of the island. There will be an alternative location indoors in case of inclement weather.
But it's not official yet! We need to wait for a meeting between Guillem and his group with the city government on the 3rd.

We will try to have some remote judges that will judge in real time using the stream and immediately send the scores.

The deadline for the online contest will be in early June. Expect the official announcement in about 2 weeks. Unfortunately, at this time we don't have enough budget to sponsor the winners to go to Mallorca, but we will try to raise funds.

Start practicing (and telling your family that they should take a vacation in picturesque Mallorca  ;) ).