iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ALL THE TOPS (OF LIGHT PLASTIC) MUST BE PROTECTED FROM BREAKING WITH TAPE!  (Read 2702 times)

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member

I have a ripcord Duncan (that was very expensive, by the way) and almost inmediately when I started to play, fell down and broke a little part of plastic of the cap. In my opinion, ALL THE LIGHT PLASTIC TOPS MUST BE COVERED WITH TAPE.

I prefer to use durex than tape of electricist man. Because with tape of electricist the top vibrates in a way in which I don`t like. I put the durèx cutting with scissors litle and short fragments of durex. In the case of tops I use, model Jumbo, from a mexican brand, the durex is necessary, not only with the purpose to protect and avoid that the pieces of plastic break, but that the top (with the sucessive stratus of durex) acquires more...not precisely more weight, but more..consistency,..more stability and compactability. Resuming, with durex, not only you give more lifetime to your tops, but that you will play them best.

After, some weeks, when I go back to Mèxico City (whence I`m) I`ll try to have some time to prepare a video where I show how I prepare my tops.
Anyway, I know that possibly, the top lose its natural shinning, and maybe too its steticity...besides some persons maybe wouldn`t like to put it durex to their tops (specially if the top is very, very expensive).

If you finally decide not to cover your top with any kind of tape, then, I suggest to all of you, play with your top on a surface where it wil be sure that won`t break, like grass, a carpet or sand or any other soft surface.
If not, your top surely breaks or will break and you `ll be sad , mainly if your top is very expensive.
Cheers!
Salvador.

killswitch

which tape?

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member

It`s not precisely a brand like that one of the logo. Here, in Mèxico, the word "dùrex" means is related to a very thin plastic tape, transparent and so light. Wait some weeks to see one video from mine.