iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ghost machine, or did someone else develop it into a different name yet?  (Read 704 times)

Daveid

• ITSA Jr.
  • pinwheels

i remember asking Matt Ritter (like 15 or so years ago) if he minded me twisting ghost catches into a pumped regen and calling it ghost machine but I'm not good at whip catches and haven't been in the mood to try much until recently... 10in hdpe tops make it easier to land but more difficult at higher numbers of repetitions, if i hadn't been trying to get into better shape to play with the 17inch top more i wouldn't be able to do this so much

basically just a sewing machine without having to let go of the string/rope, just sort of whipping it at or near full string length

https://youtu.be/M-8Q7GgL65E

https://youtu.be/ktKAy6vOkwA
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 08:26:33 AM by Daveid »
like I always say:dead monkeys don't fly on sticks.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com

Good job, David!

No, I don't think anybody has done that specific regen trick before. It looks quite challenging.
There is no running-down-the-string regen on the catch like in Sewing Machine or Roller Coaster. The regeneration mechanism seems to be mostly a pure pump (like in Drum Rolls) plus some pop-out jerk regen. A heavy top might be helpful to achieve regen.

That looks like an intensive workout with such a heavy top! You did like 35 catches on the first video!

I think knight Matt will be proud.

PS: Are you sending a routine to the online contest?

Eli Hickerson

• ITSA Jr.
  • Gold Member

This reminds me of Waves by Chris Neff where he does joker choker without letting go of the string. It’s a very cool feel when you get it going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4EwhJ1GF_Q

« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 02:16:52 PM by ta0 »

Daveid

• ITSA Jr.
  • pinwheels

That looks like an intensive workout with such a heavy top! You did like 35 catches on the first video!

PS: Are you sending a routine to the online contest?

the top didnt release on like number 32 so the tip was double wrapped and i had to do a normal sewing machine catch to recover it, so like 31 in a row and 34ish total.

ive been so focused on only a few tricks i haven't practiced for a routine.

This reminds me of Waves by Chris Neff where he does joker choker without letting go of the string.

regens where i dont have to run the rope over my fingers repeatedly are my favorite top tricks, the strings dont wear out as fast and neither does my skin, although with the 10in hdpe i did get a rope burn on my right pointer finger the first time i hit over 20 repetitions, i was so confident that it wouldn't happen that i was only wearing the glove on my left hand.

Daveid

• ITSA Jr.
  • pinwheels

here's a few side view catches, the string was weighed down by some light rain and moving really nicely

https://youtube.com/shorts/AsFLW7Wao-U?feature=share3

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com

Not a trick to try if there is any wind . . .

Daveid

• ITSA Jr.
  • pinwheels

Not a trick to try if there is any wind . . .

i found with the 10in, since the rope was a little bigger and heavier, that made any slight wind less of a nuisance... for the 4.5in hdpe top I'm using the string that neff sends with sweetles... next time i play in wind i may purposely soak the string just for the weight... but also i think if the wind isnt too strong and i stand with my back to the wind or at an angle where it pushes the string in the direction I'm trying to whip anyways it's not a complete failure.

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member

Wow it looks more impressive (and harder) in the side view. 

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube

dear daveid
its a great regen trick especially with the 10 inch john M
g
thanx for showing
your biceps and the slow -mo provides
a good learning tool

cheers