iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Spinneapolis top battle  (Read 764 times)

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
Spinneapolis top battle
« on: April 28, 2023, 03:07:32 PM »

Tonight in Minneapolis returning the spin top battle can’t wait !! We will add more of this epic battle at its conclusion

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Spinneapolis top battle
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 11:04:55 AM »

Wonderful!
I imagine you got together with Dazzling Dave.  Is Mark Hayward also around?
I look forward to the report (it would be nice to hear that somebody could beat Dave  ;D ).

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 05:03:05 PM »

I believe I posted in the wrong topic to start with. I tried to post one in latest spin but it didn’t seem to want to post. Plus I’ll have to learn how to try to get the video on. It was a great night. It’s a pre-party for the Midwest yo-yo championship at mall of America and were able to teach some new people about tops, including showing them how to throw a spinner dazzling, Dave, Mark, Hayward, myself and Marck klulander. Marck won the trophy in a hard fought battle, like our last meet up in 2019 one of the battle competitors threw his top, spinning it on top of the other competitors top dazzling, Dave’s daughter, did that the last time we met. I would like to get the video out to you guys. I’ll try to figure that out for later.

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023, 05:07:32 PM »

Marck’s trophy

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2023, 12:55:03 AM »

(Moved it to Latest Spin)

Thanks for the report.
I can see that the trophy was top-specific. It's difficult to tell from the photo but perhaps it's a top hitting another one? Was it made by Mark? Does it have movement? Was it an official Ultimate Battletop of the Universe?

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2023, 11:15:08 AM »

The top is mounted on an old trophy no movement .. the entire meet up came up fast Dazzling Dave with some help from Mark Hayward made it at the last minute.. nice job though.. the winner Marck is responsible for next years trophy… I humbly think I can speak for us when I say that we would never think it would qualify as the battle of the universe.. but for us up north top folks it was great fun!! Thank you for moving the post

Softspin

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023, 08:53:30 AM »

https://youtu.be/4WdJ5VNAcsw
Video of one of the battle stages

Kirk

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2023, 08:17:45 AM »

we would never think it would qualify as the battle of the universe..
What other battles would dare claim supremacy over this one?  I'm sure that people traveled a few city blocks to get there!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2023, 08:28:22 AM »

Thanks a lot for sharing the video.

I miss these battles, even though I was never close to winning a trophy.  :(
The Ultimate BattleTop Championship of the Universe trophies were the best.
However, this format is not my favorite. I prefer the battles over a raised platform (sometimes a two level platform) as they are more exciting.
I also like the "music-chair" battles that started in Marines and we have also done in Mallorca and Cremona.
Now, a battle can be too exciting: I remember the wild battles following the top around a conference room at the Rosen Hotel (Mike got a black eye from a top he threw himself!).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 08:33:32 AM by ta0 »