iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Miamisburg 2022  (Read 7278 times)

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
Re: Miamisburg 2022
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2022, 02:10:01 AM »

bonjour !

Mark:
Are we still looking at Aug 27 for the top festival?

YES !

Markus:
Could I be considered a world-class player by any chance?  ;)

AH AH : a good politician or old Plato would tell you that the answer is in the question  >:D >:D
I hope you can make it !

jim

ps : jorge could you start a separate thread for the Trompoland festival ?
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2022, 05:27:27 AM »

Good answers, Jim!!!  Thanks for your help with this thread.
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Mark Leithead

• ITSA
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2022, 10:32:56 AM »

Hello all!

I am planning to be there in Miamisburg!  :D I will plan to make the 11-hour drive with my semi-reliable 2004 Dodge Neon.

Looking forward to seeing all the familiar people, meeting you all that I interacted with online but not yet in person, and to the event and all Miamisburg has to offer!

Talk to you soon and see you soon!

Mark

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2022, 12:19:53 PM »

Wait?  I thought I read in the middle of the night that you were not sure about making it and then I looked up the mileage and fell asleep.  Or did I dream all of that???  Did you change your mind?  I am excited to hear about this and it sure makes people pay attention when I say things like “people are coming from Canada and half a dozen states.”  Miamisburg will be ready for you.  We have two new giant murals that have become destination points for selfies.  A new mural will be coming later this fall but you can see where it will go and how it will be on the side of the last record store.  The Hall of Fame is ever evolving.  And, of course, there will be a number of happy and thrilled people here to greet you and give you a warm welcome.  This is getting g pretty exciting, especially after all the Covid stuff.

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2022, 12:26:53 PM »

Hey, are we still planning  to have Nationals this year at Miamisburg?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2022, 07:46:21 PM »

Hey, are we still planning  to have Nationals this year at Miamisburg?

Good question!
The original idea was to ask Judith if we could have nats at museum in Burlington. But it hasn't reopened yet and with the covid situation still in the air I don't think it's possible this year.
At this time I don't think I can make it to Miamisburg this year. If we can find judges, we could still have it. Is Mark Hayward going?

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2022, 08:35:18 PM »

Hello all!
I am planning to be there in Miamisburg!  :D I will plan to make the 11-hour drive with my semi-reliable 2004 Dodge Neon.
Looking forward to seeing all the familiar people, meeting you all that I interacted with online but not yet in person, and to the event and all Miamisburg has to offer!
Talk to you soon and see you soon!
Mark

Great Mark, it will be good to see you again.  Good luck with the drive and hopefully another great show for the border patrol!

Mark Leithead

• ITSA
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2022, 11:10:49 PM »

Wait?  I thought I read in the middle of the night that you were not sure about making it and then I looked up the mileage and fell asleep.  Or did I dream all of that???  Did you change your mind?

Hi Mike! Yes I did change my mind and no you did not dream all that  ;D I just hope the Neon will make it there and back, and there's only one way to find out!  :D

Also sorry for the late reply, I have been busy traveling for a conference this past week, but it is so nice to see your reply Mike and the comments on the Hall and everything too  :).

Great Mark, it will be good to see you again.  Good luck with the drive and hopefully another great show for the border patrol!

Amazing John! So nice to see your positive comments and yes looking forward to seeing you again too! And yes I will have my dash cam ready for another show if need be (which I am guessing will be likely, this time I will be more prepared to show them what top spinning is with likely one of your tops  ;D)!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 12:21:53 AM by Mark Leithead »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2022, 05:12:39 PM »

Today is one month from our gathering.  Looking forward to having Mark here from Canada.  Looking forward to having Mark here from Madison.  He told me he was coming!!!  Of course, looking forward to the spinning circus from Buffalo and anyone else who can make it.  I will give updates as I get them.  One big update is that Bullwinkle’s Top Hat Bistro is doing a lot of work on their back parking lot.  They want to turn it into a recreation area and back deck.  Sadly, it will not be done for a few more months but we can see some of the progress.  Here is one of our murals…..

Texture

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
  • Split that top!
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2022, 10:51:06 PM »

Fingers crossed, I’ll be able to make it again this year.  :)

Mark Leithead

• ITSA
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2022, 05:27:23 PM »

Nice mural! It must look very nice in person near the water  ;D . I also appreciate the welcoming words and yes I am looking forward to it too!  :D

Jun

• ITSA
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2022, 09:34:32 PM »

I want to join it and watch the freestyle of US players in person.
Does the nats have freestyle division?
If the national have Open division, I'll compete :D

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2022, 09:14:46 AM »

I want to join it and watch the freestyle of US players in person.
Does the nats have freestyle division?
If the national have Open division, I'll compete :D
Wow! That would be amazing!
We could easily create an Open prize. Mark from Canada could also qualify.
Are you thinking in visiting other parts of the USA?

mailman

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2022, 10:10:22 AM »

What is an Open Division?  How would that differ from the freestyle?

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2022, 11:48:08 AM »

What is an Open Division?  How would that differ from the freestyle?
In this case Open means open to players of any country. In a National Title contest only players of the country can compete (but includes players of other nationalities that live in the country).
We would have just one freestyle with all the players: the US players would qualify for the National title and also the Open title, while the non-US players just for the Open Title.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up